FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak-420/)
-   -   Fleet List (UK) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak/1269829-fleet-list-uk.html)

SpeedRicer Dec 26, 2013 4:13 am

Any recent experiences with a no-status group D booking?

Reserved a car for my friend using my miles (but he can't use my membership) -- and EDI says 1-Series are not part of this car group. Sounds like the MGs/Cruzes are not all that common either -- so mostly Seat Toledos maybe?

Thanks!

Foxtbh Feb 24, 2014 2:23 pm

Chaps,

What could one expect when renting a car in the 'Medium: Executive' class?

The site suggests Golf or similar and in the specs makes a note that it's both diesel and sub 119g/km of CO2 which suggest it's Golf Bluemotions but there is presumably other stuff in the class as well?

Thanks!

clubman Feb 24, 2014 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Foxtbh (Post 22409274)
The site suggests Golf or similar and in the specs makes a note that it's both diesel and sub 119g/km of CO2 which suggest it's Golf Bluemotions but there is presumably other stuff in the class as well?

Actually I don't think there is.

Up until recently they used to mark it as "low emission" rather than Medium Executive (not sure where the Executive fits in here...) and then at least it was the only option in that group.

If you have any sort of status with Avis though, you're likely to get a decent upgrade from that (my last one was an A6 Auto when I booked the Golf...).

Flapster Feb 25, 2014 2:17 am

Been renting weekly through work... some of my experiences

BMW 3 series 318
BMW 3 series 320
BMW 3 series 318 M Sport
Citreon DS5
Peugeot RCZ
Peugeot 308 CC
VW Golf 1.6
VW Golf 2.0 Automatic
BMW 1 series 118 Automatic
Ford Mondeo 2.0
Citreon C4 Picasso
Audi A5 Automatic
Skoda Rapid 1.2 TSI
Ford Focus 1.6

There's a few others - this is all since October 2013.

clubman Feb 25, 2014 2:21 am

Thanks, I've had many of those myself, although it would be more useful if you specified what you booked and what you actually drove away in...?

Flapster Feb 26, 2014 3:17 am

Yeah, it's difficult - I get upgraded most of the time now (1 or 2 classes, or even to select series, A5 (when I booked a large)), as they know me there - I'm renting once a week at the moment.

I book through IHG to get reward points, so I can only select 'Compact', 'Intermediate' or 'Large Standard' (which doesn't match up to the groups).

So probably not of too much help for you guys, but wanted to share the current cars in the fleet.

Cheers

clubman Feb 26, 2014 3:28 am

Originally Posted by Flapster (Post 22419064)
Yeah, it's difficult - I get upgraded most of the time now

Interesting, thanks.

Do you have any Preferred status like President Club, Chairman etc?

Flapster Feb 28, 2014 1:59 am

So I only joined up at the start of this year - I've been renting once / week, so am onto my 8th car (picking up 9th) today. So I'm at Preferred Plus (after my 5th), and soon will be on the highest (non-corporate) tier (as far as I'm aware).

Work pay for all this, but hopefully when I'm on holiday later this year, the status will mean something, as I can rent the cheapest car and get upgraded (I hope!).

I'm an old-hand at hotel / airline programmes, but new to car rental programmes..

bkafrick Mar 3, 2014 4:21 am

Where: Edinburgh Airport (EDI)
When: 2 Mar 2014
Level: Presidents Club
Booked: Large Standard (Automatic)
Received: Audi A4 TDI Diesel w/Nav, 8600km

clubman Mar 10, 2014 8:52 am

Originally Posted by bkafrick (Post 22451607)
Booked: Large Standard (Automatic)
Received: Audi A4 TDI Diesel w/Nav, 8600km

Sounds like you got what you paid for (i.e no upgrade...)

bkafrick Mar 13, 2014 9:07 am

Originally Posted by clubman (Post 22496637)
Sounds like you got what you paid for (i.e no upgrade...)

Yep.

PDXNRTLHR Jun 10, 2014 4:53 am

Where: LGW
When: Saturday, 31 May
Level: Preferred Plus
Booked: Class E (example: Ford Focus)
Received: Class E (Vauxhall Astra, 18k miles)

Not complaining, I know upgrades are subject to availability. I was just surprised that when I asked if they had anything else (even same class) to choose from, they said no; that all cars were booked for the weekend.

PDXNRTLHR Oct 12, 2014 2:55 am

Can we add the Vauxhall Mokka to the list? I booked a group B car at London Victoria, and received this, noted as a group E vehicle.

clubman Oct 19, 2014 9:41 pm

The list is very outdated with some of the cars on there long gone, while others that have been on the fleet for some time don't appear.

jamesbrownontheroad Oct 20, 2014 1:06 am

Hello folks. I am back on FT, although no longer renting vehicles for work or leisure.

Happy to update to the OP; I can trawl through the most recent posts but suggestions of significant retirements from and additions to the fleet are most welcome.

Thanks ^