Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Girona, Spain Outstanding Service as President's Club Member (almost)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2011, 11:58 am
Original Poster

I was invited into the President's Club a couple of years ago just before I went to Italy and needed a hire car. The service was absolutely terrible, the car a wreck and the Italians (and subsequently AVIS UK) completely uncaring. Because of that I have not really looked at AVIS since but got a new card through recently and decided to give them a go for a short cheap hire in Girona today.

When I was booking they gave me a 40% discount making their cheapest car cheaper than anyone else. The car was a Fiat 500 and since I was on my own without Mrs T and the four mini-Ts I was happy to give it a go.

I was flying Ryanair and although about 80th on the plane I got 1A right at the door with loads of legroom. I was also first off and first through security and outside. AVIS are no longer in the terminal so I walked to their office outside about 400m. There was only one man on and he was dealing with a return. I waited and then he saw my PC card. He was upset. The car was waiting for me outside the terminal. He knew my flight was delayed a bit and couldn't understand why his colleague had not met me at arrivals. Maybe she didn't expect me to be plane to outside in < 3 mins and had gone for a coffee! This is what gets the (almost) in the heading. He called her straight away and she drove round in 1 minute. The car was a major upgrade to a SEAT Leon (like a good Golf) with great specification. She just gave me the keys and asked to see nothing at all since I was PC. The only conversation was over whether I needed a map which I didn't but she gave me one anyway.

Superb price, superb service, superb upgrade. I will be using my card in future!

Last edited by turntheheatdown; Oct 7, 2011 at 3:24 am Reason: Using an iPad.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.