Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Budget Bucks

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 3:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by lobo411
My Budget Bucks voucher was not honored today at MCI. I made my reservation through Costco.com and chose Budget even though they cost $10 more than Enterprise with the intention of using my voucher. My plan was to keep Budget if I was told that the voucher could be used, or cancel on the spot and go with Enterprise if not.

When I got to the counter to pick up my car, the agent told me that I could only apply it when I returned the car (but I was cautioned not to let the car return people close out my rental). I did just that, and the counter agent said that he could only apply the voucher if I had entered it while booking online. I pointed out that I tried to do that, and every attempt to use the coupon code resulted in a "you can only use this coupon code at a service counter" error message. So he said that I should have called reservations and done it that way, and he couldn't do anything for me. It was 6 AM on a Sunday, so no manager on duty. I got his name and the manager's name/number, and told him point blank I expected a call from the manager first thing tomorrow. We'll see.

They should have no problem applying it to your rental, regardless if it was closed out. I have done this countless times.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 7:10 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by sz2628
They should have no problem applying it to your rental, regardless if it was closed out. I have done this countless times.
The confusion seems related to a change in how Budget's reservation system is working (or not working), in past years the bucks coupon could be entered as part of the booking and said it would take $25 off the base rate, now the website says coupon MUWZ096 can only be applied in person.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 7:16 am
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
I've used Budget Bucks three times in the last month. They no longer can be entered online, but they absolutely can be applied when you are picking up your car. The contract itself will show a line of -$25.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by WAS
I've used Budget Bucks three times in the last month. They no longer can be entered online, but they absolutely can be applied when you are picking up your car. The contract itself will show a line of -$25.
It's good to know the locations you visited are still honoring the coupons without the code in the reservation. Out of an abundance of caution I contacted budget reservations and asked them to add the code to my next reservation. They were able to add the code bringing the estimated total cost from $42.41 to $8.53.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 7:59 pm

Thanks for the info! I called the location and the manager said they'd apply the coupon for me if I mailed the cert in, so I did that. They said they'd make an exception, but I think they were just trying to save face. Well, at least it *should* be fixed. I suppose the best thing to do is call and have the coupon added after making an online reservation.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 5:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Ambraciot
The confusion seems related to a change in how Budget's reservation system is working (or not working), in past years the bucks coupon could be entered as part of the booking and said it would take $25 off the base rate, now the website says coupon MUWZ096 can only be applied in person.
The reason is because people would apply the code online without actually having the coupon. It's Budgets way of making sure you have the coupon to use.

Last edited by sz2628; Nov 13, 2013 at 5:04 am Reason: spelling
Old Nov 15, 2013, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by sz2628
The reason is because people would apply the code online without actually having the coupon. It's Budgets way of making sure you have the coupon to use.
Perhaps budget should modernize and switch to e-certs tied to and redeemed online through our Fastbreak accounts, since the paper coupons and theoretically non transferable anyway.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA Global Services / Million Miler, Marriott Ambassador / Lifetime Titanium
I have an upcoming trip to St John. Budget is one of the few car rental agencies at STT (St. Thomas) that allows you to take the car on the ferry over to St. John. So that said...

...I'm hoping to post an offer on Coupon Connection to trade some UA GPUs I have toward something Budget-related to help with our intended 10-day rental. I just learned about Budget Bucks and read through this thread, and have a few questions.

- Are they transferable?

- Is this still ongoing? Both in terms of people still earning them as well as ability to redeem them (through March 25, in my case)? I'm not a Budget guy, so non idea how/why these get earned in the first place...

- Any limitations on rentals in STT in the Ts and Cs?

- Any limit on how many can be applied to a 10 day reservation?

Thanks - if these seem like a good option, I intend to post an trade request - just wanted to get more info on them in the first place. If there are any other Budget offers / programs / certs / etc. I should be aware of, I'm all ears...
Old Jan 11, 2014, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by u2vox
I have an upcoming trip to St John. Budget is one of the few car rental agencies at STT (St. Thomas) that allows you to take the car on the ferry over to St. John. So that said...

...I'm hoping to post an offer on Coupon Connection to trade some UA GPUs I have toward something Budget-related to help with our intended 10-day rental. I just learned about Budget Bucks and read through this thread, and have a few questions.

- Are they transferable?

- Is this still ongoing? Both in terms of people still earning them as well as ability to redeem them (through March 25, in my case)? I'm not a Budget guy, so non idea how/why these get earned in the first place...

Thanks - if these seem like a good option, I intend to post an trade request - just wanted to get more info on them in the first place. If there are any other Budget offers / programs / certs / etc. I should be aware of, I'm all ears...
Non-transferrable. Valid at "participating Budget locations in the contiguous U.S."
Old Jan 11, 2014, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA Global Services / Million Miler, Marriott Ambassador / Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Non-transferrable. Valid at "participating Budget locations in the contiguous U.S."
D'oh! Thanks for confirming; gotta find a plan B, C or D...
Old Jan 13, 2014, 10:32 am
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
Originally Posted by u2vox

- Are they transferable?

Also, the last few times I tried to use these, I was told there was a limit of one per reservation.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 2:50 pm

Looking at doing this and have a couple of quick questions:

1) Can I earn Budget Bucks when using rentals with a promo/coupon code (looks to be the case)
2) Is it confirmed that one voucher can be used per rental?
3) Does the voucher replace a coupon (i.e. I can't use a Budget Bucks with a $30 off weekly coupon)?
4) Can I earn FF points in another program and still qualify for Budget Bucks?

I know it's a lot of stuff that should be in the T&Cs. I looked and think I know the answers, just want people's actual experiences to confirm it as I've dealt with Budget going against what they had on their site before.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by lowfareair

1) Can I earn Budget Bucks when using rentals with a promo/coupon code (looks to be the case)
3) Does the voucher replace a coupon (i.e. I can't use a Budget Bucks with a $30 off weekly coupon)?
1, yes.
2, have only tried one.
3, yes.
4, yes

Remember rental must be two days or longer. Paying for two days, but having a shorter actual rental would not count (the dreaded 1.95 duration rental).

Rasheed
Old Mar 10, 2014, 9:27 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Budget used to have a website that would allow you to track your qualifying rentals with this promo, but I cannot find it for the life of me.

Anybody know what happened to it?
Old Jun 27, 2014, 5:14 pm

Programs: *Wood Platinum, AA Platium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by lowfareair

I know it's a lot of stuff that should be in the T&Cs. I looked and think I know the answers, just want people's actual experiences to confirm it as I've dealt with Budget going against what they had on their site before.
1) I've used 3 Budget Bucks together on two occasions. The coupons say nothing about 1 per rental either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.