Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Lost and Found?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2015, 4:09 am

Hello to Every body! I lost one mp3 on rent car in LAX. I'm trying to contact the Phone number But there is an automatic message and the lost and found did not reply. Do you have an other number or an email address? Seems impossible to find an email..
Old Jul 19, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K, UA 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Avis Pref Plus, Nat'l Exec
Lost and found = running in circles

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Wanted to mention an awesome experience I had with lost and found.

About a year ago, I lost my personal parking garage fob. The Avis ppl managed to track down the car to their regional vehicle depot, find the car even though it was a generic Chrysler 300 parked amongst hundreds of others, and return the items to me.
I wish my experience was that good! I returned a car at JFK on Saturday 7/16, and realized (unfortunately when I was on the plane) that I left my EZPass in the car. I filed a lost and found report online immediately (within 3 hours of when I dropped off the car, when I realized I didn't have my EZPass), but it seems the car was rented out again that same evening. (Even though I reported my EZPass lost and it was supposedly deactivated, I'm still getting toll charges from 7 hours after I returned the car, and 4 hours after I reported the EZPass missing.) I've tried to call Avis several times to see if they can flag the car in the system, so that when whoever currently has the car returns it, the location will know to look for the EZPass (still attached to the windshield...) and I have some hope of getting it back. But even as a Preferred Plus, I get transferred to half a dozen different people, each of them telling me they can't help but they'll transfer me to someone who can. I tried calling the Preferred Plus 800 number and the direct number to the JFK location, and the outcome is the same every time...circles and circles and circles again.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you have!
strickerj likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:04 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by dmach
I wish my experience was that good! I returned a car at JFK on Saturday 7/16, and realized (unfortunately when I was on the plane) that I left my EZPass in the car.
That post was from 9 years ago; I wouldn't expect much these days with the staffing issues. In the interim, you should be able to log into your EZPass account (mine is Illinois but they should all have this) and save your license plates so you can get charged without your fob present. Weird that you'd still be getting charged after deactivating it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.