Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TACA Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2007, 12:04 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
FYI -- real meals come back to TACA...

http://www.taca.com/eng/oth/oabo/oabobob.asp#
Old Apr 30, 2007, 10:30 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I am flying to SAL ex YYZ in 10 days - I eagerly await the "gourmet" food. I think Y pax are going to like free food vs. BOB but I think the "elegant presentation" in J will be wait and see as it is like getting served on a kids dollhouse set now, so much thin plastic dishes and plastic cups.

I flew it last 3 weeks ago and it was the same old, so just before and just after the change it will be interesting to see.
Old May 4, 2007, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
I'm flying J SFO/SAL/GUA on the 17th; return on the 26th. I'll let you know how it went.
Old May 10, 2007, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by SFWanderer
I'm flying J SFO/SAL/GUA on the 17th; return on the 26th. I'll let you know how it went.
I suspect as I leave this Saturday I will be able to report first. YYZ/SAL is 5 hours so it should be the full treatment.

Update 5/12:

Plastic, plastic and more plastic. Though the sort of egg mcmuffin type of huevo ranchero thing was served in a ceramic dish where the food was hot and the dish was cold. However they did that.

Last edited by ricktoronto; May 12, 2007 at 12:35 pm
Old May 14, 2007, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Mariott Rewards, OnePass, TACA, Priority Club
I've flown TACA for years. I use to be a Distancia Oro guy but I haven't been travelling as much the last two years.

Taca Business class just isn't comparable to business class in most airlines. You get a more comfortable seat and food service that is better than the spartan treatment you get in coach. Most of their short haul routes in Central America don't warrant the business class premium.

TACA's customer service is much better if you are close to their two main hubs in SAL and SJO. The further you are from these, the worse the service and installations.
Old May 14, 2007, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
I suspect as I leave this Saturday I will be able to report first. YYZ/SAL is 5 hours so it should be the full treatment.

Update 5/12:

Plastic, plastic and more plastic. Though the sort of egg mcmuffin type of huevo ranchero thing was served in a ceramic dish where the food was hot and the dish was cold. However they did that.
I can't imagine, then, what's being served on the 1:30am flight.
Old May 23, 2007, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by CRHeel94
I've flown TACA for years. I use to be a Distancia Oro guy but I haven't been travelling as much the last two years.

Taca Business class just isn't comparable to business class in most airlines.
But, YYZ to MGA via SAL is cheaper and so much better routing and on-time than AA via MIA they could serve homemade sandwiches and I would still take it. I connect to COPA on a TACA fare and the COPA service is amazingly nice for a 25 minute flight. Mixed drink and nuts and they have all of 10 minutes for the service at altitude.

Note TACA and COPA are having growing pains issuing e-tickets, COPA looks at me like I have two heads last Saturday when I appear at the gate in SAL. Lots of typing now that there are no more paper tickets. Interestingly an e-ticket for the return sold by my travel agent and issued by Hahn airlines (big German interlining airline/agency) went perfectly on COPA and TACA. Worth paying the TA fee for now.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 11:20 pm

Seat pitch?

I don't care if the food is served on the Queen of England's personal China or a plastic plate.

what is the seat pitch on J Vs.Y?

What is realistic sale price for J, ( not best ever) on Ex NYC-Central America.

I'm considering stocking up on 1.25 cent miles.

make cost of trip about $800-900 USD with stop overs and open jaws allowed.

looks like i should just go with AA????
Old Oct 7, 2008, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 2 million miler
Question So how was the 1:30 AM SFO/SAL?

Originally Posted by SFWanderer
So I'm off to Buenos Aires for my honeymoon on Taca in J class later this month -- SFO/SAL/LIM/EZE, returning MVD/LIM/SAL/SFO. How was this 1:30 AM flight from SFO? Still curious about seat pitch -- no one seems to have answered that question. From what I gather, it sounds like a slightly smaller version of the old style United international business seats. I wish UA was cheaper, but I couldn't justify the 2x price difference for J class on UA.

UA 1K Global Services (fat lot of good it does me on this trip, though!)

Cheers!
Old Oct 8, 2008, 11:02 am

I believe the pitch is 40"" with very limited recline - not nearly as comfortable as UA's old seat. More like a premium economy product or domestic first.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Any recent reports on J?

Planning on EZE-LIM-UIO in what appears to be Airbus A319 and A320, so can't imagine seats will offer too much recline?

Glen
Old Mar 6, 2010, 2:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, 2 million miler
First class on Taca

I flew first class on Taca 16 months ago. The first class seats were comparable to United's domestic first class seats. Same pitch (40"?) and recline. Better than coach, but not quite up to par for other international business or first class service. Food was decent, but nothing to write home about.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by hyland
Food was decent, but nothing to write home about.
Yet, enough to write FT about
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold
bump - will be flying Taca Business class on an award ticket later this year. Wondering what (if anything) I should expect. Flight is EWR - SAL - UIO. I don't expect Emirates service, but hoping for something better than typical United domestic Business class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.