Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK Flight Change Problem

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2024, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

TK Flight Change Problem

I was checking my reservation on TK's website when I got a notification that TK changed my YVR-ORD (layover)-IST flights next week to a layover at ORD of 30 minutes (original booking had nearly 3) and so their system won't let me change the existing flight while I've had zero luck trying to reach LM call center (the booking was made via LM, in case that wasn't already clear).

As such, I was wondering what nightmare will I experience if I were to still go ahead with my existing confirmed reservation of YVR-ORD-IST?

YVR-ORD is via UA so I'm guessing that flight will still go ahead and I will then be stuck in ORD.

Will the responsibility then fall on LM (or will it be on TK?) to find me an alternative ORD-IST flight, in this case?

P.S. I should also note that I am not seeking a refund (just an alternate booking) as I have other reservations beyond IST for this trip as well and I am now in no position (nor willing) to cancel everything altogether
Old Mar 25, 2024, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by kooltilldend
I was checking my reservation on TK's website when I got a notification that TK changed my YVR-ORD (layover)-IST flights next week to a layover at ORD of 30 minutes (original booking had nearly 3) and so their system won't let me change the existing flight while I've had zero luck trying to reach LM call center (the booking was made via LM, in case that wasn't already clear).

As such, I was wondering what nightmare will I experience if I were to still go ahead with my existing confirmed reservation of YVR-ORD-IST?

YVR-ORD is via UA so I'm guessing that flight will still go ahead and I will then be stuck in ORD.

Will the responsibility then fall on LM (or will it be on TK?) to find me an alternative ORD-IST flight, in this case?

P.S. I should also note that I am not seeking a refund (just an alternate booking) as I have other reservations beyond IST for this trip as well and I am now in no position (nor willing) to cancel everything altogether
Check your booking on the Avianca web site. (not the Lifemiles web site, not the TK web site)

https://www.avianca.com/en/your-book...-your-booking/

"change flight"

If the entire ticket isn't confirmed, United Airlines will not allow you to check in and you will go nowhere. Not a bad idea to go to the airport the day prior and checkin at the airport. The staff at the airport can determine what may or may not need to be fixed.

You are responsible for contacting Lifemiles to fix the ticket.

If the trip is in a few days or a few week, some level of urgency is required. if the trip is in a few months, Lifemile will most likely sort out the situation. Don't show up the airport two hours prior to departure with an illegal connection, United Airline will not fix the issue; cannot fix the issue.

Neither Lifemiels not TK are easy to work with. Cancelling may be the only option.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Just checked the link and the reservation status says "Confirmed" even though there's a separate section showing the flight change (with a 32 min connection) asking me to "confirm" the change - which I'm guessing will fail

There's no option to change the flight online either unfortunately so I guess I'll have no choice but to keep calling (the flight is next week - April 2 - so def a high level of urgency involved!)
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Why don't you confirm the change and take it from there? Nothing is lost by doing this IMO.

Last edited by SK AAR; Mar 26, 2024 at 8:08 am
Old Mar 26, 2024, 9:04 am
Original Poster

If I accept it then I'll have no way to change it afterwards I'm guessing.

Not that it matters since it's an illegal connection time so even if the Avianca system allows it, UA surely won't let me check in next week
Old Mar 27, 2024, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Finally a positive update:

Called LM and sure enough, once again they offered me a plethora of flight options to switch to (albeit after my call being bounced between 5 reps this time). The direct TK flight was no longer an option (not a fault of LM though) but that's fine as I managed to find a separate flight that TK (Toronto office responded to my email to the YVR office for some reason...) agreed to switch my second ticket to as well (albeit TK Toronto office won't pick up my call and still haven't made the switch...).

I've booked a fully refundable ticket for the same flight via AP as well (just in case, TK backpedals on their word - certainly wouldn't be the first time!)

Hopefully this is the end of this saga and it's definitely one I don't ever want to relive again but I have to say LM comes out of this with flying colors for me and I'll happily book with them again...TK? Let's not go there....

Edit: Spoke too soon! Turkish says there's no contact info on the reservation so they can't select a seat or meal for me while LM says I need to contact the airline to add those things...the fun times continue!

P.S. TK "sorted" my second ticket as well...except it's going through the exact same drama that the LM ticket is going through (can't select seats)...TK CS sent an error report to the appropriate department (whoever that is) and asked me to call back in 2 hours

Last edited by kooltilldend; Mar 27, 2024 at 1:46 pm
Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Try to look up the TK PNR on the TK website or app to add contact details, seat etc. (you need the TK PNR for that; different from the LM PNR No.)
Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Already did (on both TK and AC) and I see the reservations but the portal still won't let me select any seats.

That said, LM did pre-select seats for P2 so I just tweaked my own accordingly (+ AC was super helpful and switched seats for both of us on YVR-ORD)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.