Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Avianca seems to stop selling business class for LAX-BOG fron November

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2023, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Apparently AV changed the fleets of LAX-BOG route to A332, not B787 different from what they announced earlier.

Now it seems that they 'blocked' all additional purchase of business class of the route starting from November. At that time, the fleet should be B787 with full-flat business seats.
According to the Seatalert, there's still plentiful of seats most of the days.

Are they doing redistribution of the fleet of the route? Why are they not selling the tickets?
Old Sep 26, 2023, 8:41 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sbsong92
Apparently AV changed the fleets of LAX-BOG route to A332, not B787 different from what they announced earlier.

Now it seems that they 'blocked' all additional purchase of business class of the route starting from November. At that time, the fleet should be B787 with full-flat business seats.
According to the Seatalert, there's still plentiful of seats most of the days. I thought this was on the Wamos Air 332 for a while now.

Are they doing redistribution of the fleet of the route? Why are they not selling the tickets?
Old Oct 1, 2023, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I noticed this as well. I'm trying to book LAX-BOG-EZE for January 2024 and it doesn't give the BOG business class option.
On United, the award is available to book (and shows 787 operating both legs) but comes with this reference: "subject to receipt of government operating authority"
Old Oct 18, 2023, 1:20 pm

They have now zero out ALL inventory both in economy and business. It starts end of October thru early December.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 10:37 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Got an email from Avianca today that they switched the BOG-LAX portion of my booking to BOG-SAL-LAX (operated by the Wamos A330). None of this works for me, since no one bothered to update the LAX-SFO segment on this reservation which now departs before the flight to LAX even lands. Due to this added flight time, I now won't be able to make an LAX-SFO connection until the next day.

Avianca should be paying for a hotel for this inconvenience, but I will likely just be going ahead and canceling this whole reservation because it's a logistical nightmare that I know they won't fix.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.