Wiki Posts
Search

Totally Frustrated WIth Lifemiles

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2023, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, Marriott
Totally Frustrated WIth Lifemiles

After dozens of searches over the last year, today I finally got flights using Lifemiles. I got the traveler names in and then a note that they didn't have enough info to onfirm the booking. SO I spoke with a chat agent who said first I had to call this number, then he changed it to another. Can't they collect taxes online? Anyway I gave up and tried again 3 times, always with some confirmation problem but no longer a chat agent...just three twirling circles.
I know that there is a lot on the topic of booking frustrations, but it is a lot to wade through. What am I missing here?All of this effort to fly COPA in Business and coach in Avianca. And no stopovers allowed? Thanks for any advice.
Old May 26, 2023, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Scott Kiwi
After dozens of searches over the last year, today I finally got flights using Lifemiles. I got the traveler names in and then a note that they didn't have enough info to onfirm the booking. SO I spoke with a chat agent who said first I had to call this number, then he changed it to another. Can't they collect taxes online? Anyway I gave up and tried again 3 times, always with some confirmation problem but no longer a chat agent...just three twirling circles.
I know that there is a lot on the topic of booking frustrations, but it is a lot to wade through. What am I missing here?All of this effort to fly COPA in Business and coach in Avianca. And no stopovers allowed? Thanks for any advice.
I understand your pain. I always cross my fingers when trying to book Lifemile awards. Precovid, only 20% would ticket without agent intervention.

I make sure whatever credit card I’m using for taxes/fees is good for international transactions. Always take a screenshot of the confirmation number it shows when it’s trying to book it.

I’ve had no problems in the last three years, other than it being pretty difficult to find J awards.
Scott Kiwi and IndyHoosier like this.
Old May 27, 2023, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, Marriott
I did call Lifemiles and found a friendly and helpful agent to take me through the process of ticketing my itinerary and paying the fees. I hadn't realized that one could not do everything online.
Old May 27, 2023, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Scott Kiwi
I did call Lifemiles and found a friendly and helpful agent to take me through the process of ticketing my itinerary and paying the fees. I hadn't realized that one could not do everything online.
I do everything online. 3 tickets this month. Another 6-7 tickets since Covid started.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 8:04 pm

Is there a fee to book over the phone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.