The sharpest program management ever

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2022, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Krapistan Poop Points "Scooper Level"
The sharpest program management ever

AlphaBeez and Etheereal like this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 9:47 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
So what is your point? That LM shows AV195 to go SJO - LHR while in reality it is a SJO - BOG flight?

It maybe a new encounter for you, but this has been happening for a while and been reported on other threads (I think the "LM booking problems beware one" IIRC). Happens with other carriers too and my guess would be the website mixes up stuff maybe after a lot of varying searches (smart search vs. single carriers etc.) have been executed.Very odd and confusing, I agree, but it seems to sort itself in ticketing though with LM you never know. YMMV.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by demue
So what is your point? That LM shows AV195 to go SJO - LHR while in reality it is a SJO - BOG flight?
I suspect that the OP's point is that LM is offering an Economy Class award ticket to LHR for more than twice the cost (in miles) of a Business Class award ticket.

I have seen something like this recently occur on redemptions on Amtrak trains. I suppose that it all depends on how heavily or lightly each class is booked. But I cannot imagine ever paying more to fly trans-Atllantic in Economy versus Business.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 11:01 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Ahh, thank you, that even slipped past me. An odd one for sure, but with LM website and booking engine it is never a dull moment.

The problem I mentioned can also confuse the heck out of people when suddenly an airline supposedly operates a certain flight between two cities that you know they do not. YMMV.
rt23456p likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.