Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Avianca to end business class for non-european flights.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca to end business class for non-european flights.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2023, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
I live in Colombia, and we have switched to LATAM exclusively. I would not choose LATAM under normal circumstances where "real" competitors existed, but the table has flipped down here. Avianca can't be any better than Spirit or Frontier. And the "service?" It's just downright non-existent. It's a real shame, as I always liked TACA, and even Avianca for a while.

All of South America has taken a sharp left turn, though, and service is not prioritized anywhere. If I weren't married to a Colombian, I'd be outta here in a NY minute without ever looking back. It's cheap to live down here, but there are major trade-offs. Used to be much better.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by KenInEscazu
I live in Colombia, and we have switched to LATAM exclusively. I would not choose LATAM under normal circumstances where "real" competitors existed, but the table has flipped down here. Avianca can't be any better than Spirit or Frontier. And the "service?" It's just downright non-existent. It's a real shame, as I always liked TACA, and even Avianca for a while.

All of South America has taken a sharp left turn, though, and service is not prioritized anywhere. If I weren't married to a Colombian, I'd be outta here in a NY minute without ever looking back. It's cheap to live down here, but there are major trade-offs. Used to be much better.
I am on the other side. I love avianca for lack of service as this make it cheap. I just paid $270 for a flat seat on 787 from Bogota to Sao Paulo making whole one way cost me less than $500 in a flat bussiness class seat. If lack of service means you pay less for flat seat I am all in.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 3:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Nexus, VIA Rail Premier
Originally Posted by KenInEscazu

What are the tradeoffs? I'm curious, as I'm contemplating a move to Medellin from Toronto? I've been a Delta loyalist, but exploring other options, as Star Alliance has better coverage between the places I like to go (Canada - AC, Colombia - AV, Turkey -TK). I can go DL/LATAM YYZ-JFK/ATL-BOG-MDE for 2 stops and 12+ hrs of flying or AV YYZ-BOG-MDE or CM YYZ-PTY-MDE for 7 hrs or so
Old Jul 17, 2023, 4:20 pm

Programs: BAEC
So, how will it work if I am paying for J through a LH connection?

I am looking at FRA-EZE via BOH.

LH is showing FRA-BOG as F, and BOG-EZE as J? These flights seem to be operated on 788s. Does this mean that "proper" J/C is now being sold on this route and that I would get the usual lie-flat seat and J service? Or is it some watered down produce of a lie-flat seat and Y service?
Old Jul 18, 2023, 3:24 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Originally Posted by flieduk
So, how will it work if I am paying for J through a LH connection?

I am looking at FRA-EZE via BOH.

LH is showing FRA-BOG as F, and BOG-EZE as J? These flights seem to be operated on 788s. Does this mean that "proper" J/C is now being sold on this route and that I would get the usual lie-flat seat and J service? Or is it some watered down produce of a lie-flat seat and Y service?

Just announced today that Business Class on the BOG - EZE route will restart by 15th August
Old Jul 30, 2023, 10:48 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Looking at flying LAX-BOG-EZE in November on the 787s.

Curious if anyone has done an Avianca J flight within the Americas recently and what service is like? I know the seat is great but curious if the soft product is actually back to J?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.