Wiki Posts
Search

LifeMiles+Money price changed?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2022, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: United MileagePlus
Question LifeMiles+Money price changed?

The option to "buy" miles during the booking process ("LifeMiles+Money") used to reliably show 1.5˘/mile if you used ~50% money at checkout. I had assumed that was the universal price, regardless of the carrier or route. I can confirm seeing 1.5˘/mile LifeMiles+Money as of Mar. 7, 2022. Now it's showing 3.5˘/mile for the route I'm looking at (HNL-PNI). Looking at various other routes, I'm seeing the price fluctuate (2˘/mile, 1.5˘/mile). Anyone else seeing that? You think it's just a temporary glitch?

New guy here—let me know if I missed something.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 6:48 am

Programs: QF, LM
Originally Posted by will3142
The option to "buy" miles during the booking process ("LifeMiles+Money") used to reliably show 1.5˘/mile if you used ~50% money at checkout. I had assumed that was the universal price, regardless of the carrier or route. I can confirm seeing 1.5˘/mile LifeMiles+Money as of Mar. 7, 2022. Now it's showing 3.5˘/mile for the route I'm looking at (HNL-PNI). Looking at various other routes, I'm seeing the price fluctuate (2˘/mile, 1.5˘/mile). Anyone else seeing that? You think it's just a temporary glitch?

New guy here—let me know if I missed something.
Hmmmm.... this sounds bad...
Have not the time t check right now, but a question - what percentage of cash/points are you using? It was always a sliding scale with sweet spots...
Old Mar 11, 2022, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by juddles
Hmmmm.... this sounds bad...
Have not the time t check right now, but a question - what percentage of cash/points are you using? It was always a sliding scale with sweet spots...
You’re right. I think the sweet spot of 1.5˘/mile used to live in the 44%-56% range, on the right side of the slider. That sweet spot seems to be gone, at least for some routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.