Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Waiver award cancelation - strange behavior

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waiver award cancelation - strange behavior

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2020, 7:49 am

Thanks Rex, I'll begin moving on canceling the fight and yes, $25 booking fee I can stomach.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 11:41 pm

I booked way before Jan 31th (May 2019), and just got this response from LM after asking for a cancellation without paying the penalty:
Let us inform you that your request was not approved, as only tickets with origin/destination China apply to miles refund exoneration, you may verify this information by clicking here.
In this case you can only refund your tickets by paying the correspondent penalty fee. Transaction that can be performed through our Call Center.
Thank you for your comprehension.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 6:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just point to the IATA travel info that says:

Passengers who have been China (People's Rep.), Hong Kong (SAR China), Italy, Japan, Korea (Rep.), Macao (SAR China), Thailand or Singapore in the past 14 days are not allowed to enter Israel.
https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...1580226297.htm
Old Mar 4, 2020, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Just point to the IATA travel info that says:

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...1580226297.htm
The same page also says:
- This does not apply to nationals of Israel, their spouses and their children.
- This does not apply to residents of Israel.

both of these apply to me...
RTWFF likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Does AV know that?
Old Mar 4, 2020, 11:55 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by Dror
I booked way before Jan 31th (May 2019), and just got this response from LM after asking for a cancellation without paying the penalty:
Let us inform you that your request was not approved, as only tickets with origin/destination China apply to miles refund exoneration, you may verify this information by clicking here.
In this case you can only refund your tickets by paying the correspondent penalty fee. Transaction that can be performed through our Call Center.
Thank you for your comprehension.
Plenty of people book flights only to find out later the visa was not approved. The airlines are under no obligation to refund the flights. I book award travel for international flights due to the $200 cancellation fee. I have two award travel flights booked with two airlines and will wait until 3 days prior to cancel. With some luck the flights will be cancelled prior to the 3 days prior. Worst case I am out $200. Work told me I could not return to work for 14 days after returning to concluded traveling internationally now isn't a good idea.
RTWFF likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.