Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LIfemiles airport code not allowed

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

LIfemiles airport code not allowed

I am trying to search for Naxos or Paros in Greece, but Lifemiles website won't allow me to put in those airport codes. What is the workaround it? Call?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:12 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by flybie
I am trying to search for Naxos or Paros in Greece, but Lifemiles website won't allow me to put in those airport codes. What is the workaround it? Call?
Generally I find that if an airport code is not allowed LifeMiles doesn't have a partner that flies to that airport
Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:25 pm

Not true. I can find airports partners fly (eg Star Alliance) that they simply do not have in their system. They don't have many smaller airports I find.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Not true. I can find airports partners fly (eg Star Alliance) that they simply do not have in their system. They don't have many smaller airports I find.
correct. This is Olympic air which partners with Avianca or star alliance. So how to go about it?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 1:47 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
correct. This is Olympic air which partners with Avianca or star alliance. So how to go about it?
Lifemiles is not good with subsiduary airlines of *A carriers. They also only load airports to their system associated with specific carriers...and often don't update this when an airline announces a new route. So while Olympic Air might be possible to book via a different *A program, I think you're out of luck here.
Tokyoite and RTWFF like this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:24 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Calling may help, but no guarantee it will work.
or, book separate tickets to Athens and look for award space from Athens onwards.

It is after all lifemiles, so you get what you get!
welcome to the program.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 6:54 pm

I am looking to fly UA to PAE. The booking engine allows me to enter that airport code for a "smart search" but not for a "United" search. Is there a workaround for that?
Old Jan 28, 2020, 5:54 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by audio-nut
I am looking to fly UA to PAE. The booking engine allows me to enter that airport code for a "smart search" but not for a "United" search. Is there a workaround for that?
does UA even fly to Everett?
Old Jan 28, 2020, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
does UA even fly to Everett?
Yes, DEN and SFO
Old Jan 28, 2020, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AV, AA, BA, CM, UA, Hertz, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Lifemiles is not good with subsiduary airlines of *A carriers. They also only load airports to their system associated with specific carriers...and often don't update this when an airline announces a new route. So while Olympic Air might be possible to book via a different *A program, I think you're out of luck here.
Si... for this also we have to thank Senor Kwok. I find now a number of aeropuertos that LM rejects even when the Star carrrier I select offers frequent service to this place. It is very frustrating in such cases. We are not even attempting the cabbage LOL!
Old Jan 28, 2020, 3:19 pm

Yes, DEN and SFO
This is probably a 'Skywest issue'. LifeMiles is not good with this kind of situation. United vs Skywest, Lufthansa vs Cityline, Austrian vs Tyrolean etc etc etc.
view-with-a-room and RTWFF like this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 9:10 pm

This is probably a 'Skywest issue'. LifeMiles is not good with this kind of situation. United vs Skywest, Lufthansa vs Cityline, Austrian vs Tyrolean etc etc etc.
OK, that's good info but why won't PAE decode when United is selected? That doesn't sound like a SkyWest issue.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 9:40 pm

OK, that's good info but why won't PAE decode when United is selected? That doesn't sound like a SkyWest issue.
Because...
Operated By Skywest Dba United Express
...according to the United website.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 9:58 pm

...and in case I didn't answer your question. LM loads airport codes against airline. So using smart search you should get the full list of airports. By selecting an airline to narrow the search, you only get the list of airports that LM believes that airline operates to, regardless of whether it is complete or correct.

Why don't the flights show up with smart search? Most likely becasue they are operated by Skywest.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 10:48 pm

...and in case I didn't answer your question. LM loads airport codes against airline. So using smart search you should get the full list of airports. By selecting an airline to narrow the search, you only get the list of airports that LM believes that airline operates to, regardless of whether it is complete or correct.

Why don't the flights show up with smart search? Most likely becasue they are operated by Skywest.
What other Lifemiles partner flies to PAE?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.