Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Post your SUCCESSFUL LM award bookings here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your SUCCESSFUL LM award bookings here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2020, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Kraut
2 Lufthansa First Class tickets from SFO to MUC and back this December for the Christmas markets.
how did you book pre 14 day max rule with LH F?
Old Jun 6, 2020, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by SLINKYTRAVEL
I didn't. Noticed when I posted it? Travel was for 2019, not 2020
Old Aug 3, 2020, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Notyourbag
SYD-YVR in Business in October for 80,000 miles.
Hoping things will be safe to fly by then.
Australia isn't likely to welcome tourists by October and will very likely stay closed for the rest of 2020.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 6:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoyed Lifetime Gold
bump.
SLINKYTRAVEL likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 6:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoyed Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by SLINKYTRAVEL
Originally Posted by Kraut
I didn't. Noticed when I posted it? Travel was for 2019, not 2020
I actually noticed availability for first on Lufthansa June and Sept. 2021 I didn't try to get the award but I did notice it available. Im not sure if it was a glitch or if it would even let me book it. Im trying to be smart and look for availability before I buy the miles. I dont even know if im really going to buy the miles, lifemiles seems very difficult online to deal with.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JfromTheBay
I actually noticed availability for first on Lufthansa June and Sept. 2021 I didn't try to get the award but I did notice it available. Im not sure if it was a glitch or if it would even let me book it. Im trying to be smart and look for availability before I buy the miles. I dont even know if im really going to buy the miles, lifemiles seems very difficult online to deal with.
Doubt it was actually F as LH is very strict not releasing F awards to partners until 14 days before departure; sometimes they don't even release space until a few days prior to the flight
Old Sep 11, 2020, 6:16 pm

Programs: Avianca LifeMiles. Hilton (G), Meliá (G), Radisson (G). National Car (EE), Hertz (PC), Avis (PC)
August 2019_

I tried a SJO-TLV + IST-SJO booking on LifeMiles.com, but no availability, as usual. So I tried the "screenshot method", with a SJO-SAL-EWR on AV, EWR-TLV on UA, for the outbound, and IST-BOG-PTY on TK, PTY-SJO on AV, on the inbound, plus the "no availability" images. A day later a got a email from Customer Support, telling that they got my request. The following day I got a the call from them, and we built the tickets over the phone with an EXTREMELY helpful and knowledgeable agent. I was charged with the regular $25 "online processing fee", instead of the expensive "telephone fee".

They also used the LifeMiles redemption table with the origin/destination regions prices, instead of the "per flight mileage", so the final redemption mileage was considerably lower than my initial quote. I'm very pleased with the results.
Note: the outbound and inbound tickets are separate, we couldn't make a multi-city since there was no availability TLV-IST.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ariel_sjo
August 2019_

I tried a SJO-TLV + IST-SJO booking on LifeMiles.com, but no availability, as usual. So I tried the "screenshot method", with a SJO-SAL-EWR on AV, EWR-TLV on UA, for the outbound, and IST-BOG-PTY on TK, PTY-SJO on AV, on the inbound, plus the "no availability" images. A day later a got a email from Customer Support, telling that they got my request. The following day I got a the call from them, and we built the tickets over the phone with an EXTREMELY helpful and knowledgeable agent. I was charged with the regular $25 "online processing fee", instead of the expensive "telephone fee".

They also used the LifeMiles redemption table with the origin/destination regions prices, instead of the "per flight mileage", so the final redemption mileage was considerably lower than my initial quote. I'm very pleased with the results.
Note: the outbound and inbound tickets are separate, we couldn't make a multi-city since there was no availability TLV-IST.
Don't see the value of you posting about an experience from over 1 year ago unless "August 2019" was a typo
Old Sep 13, 2020, 1:24 pm

Programs: Independent
I just booked JFK-GVA next June to try to burn up my lifemiles. I hope they last that long! (/Swiss accepts their booking even if Avianca goes under.) Sadly it will be hard to use them before then because COVID.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
Doubt it was actually F as LH is very strict not releasing F awards to partners until 14 days before departure; sometimes they don't even release space until a few days prior to the flight
Can confirm this is not real. LifeMiles is displaying 365 days of availability for LH flights and the last 5 days are fake data. Also it looks like LH is releasing business award a max of 120 days in advance, at least on the route I've been looking at.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Alex Huerta
Can confirm this is not real. LifeMiles is displaying 365 days of availability for LH flights and the last 5 days are fake data. Also it looks like LH is releasing business award a max of 120 days in advance, at least on the route I've been looking at.
Thanks for confirming. LH has always been super strict on this. Last year, MIA FRA was booked to 1/8 and they still didn't release any F award space until a couple days before departure though luckily I was able to get it.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 2:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Booked 2xF on NH12 (NRT-ORD) next May.

ANA seems to be one of the reliable airlines on Life Miles that doesn't ever crash when booking.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 6:50 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
booked MIA-ZRH for March last night on LX in J. We shall see if it's honored in 6 months time...
Old Sep 17, 2020, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bostontraveler
booked MIA-ZRH for March last night on LX in J. We shall see if it's honored in 6 months time...
Fingers crossed. So far LX doesn't seem to be cancelling any LF bookings.
bostontraveler likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 2:42 am

Programs: AA, UA, Lifemiles, BA, MR, CSR
This is dated obviously, but I successfully redeemed a BKK-IAH LM redemption in November 2019. Business class on TG BKK-NRT. First class on NH (awesome) from NRT to IAH. Booked several LM redemptions since then but all canceled thus far due to COVID, so miles accumulation keeps growing unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.