Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Business Promo Fare - refund on cancel after departure

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, VX Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold

I purchased RT ticket SFO to GRU on Business Promo Fare (fare rules at
I have already flown the SFO to GRU segments, due to fly return segments in 2 days.
If I cancel the ticket, is there any residual fare value, or refundable value after the $175 cancel fee?

PENALTIES:
BETWEEN THE UNITED STATES AND SOUTH AMERICA FOR DEA14TIS TYPE FARES CANCELLATIONS ANY TIME CHARGE USD 175.00 FOR REFUND. WAIVED FOR SCHEDULE CHANGE/ILLNESS OR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER. NOTE - -FAMILY MEMBER MUST BE FIRST DEGREE RELATIVE. WAIVER ALSO APPLIES FOR TRAVELING COMPANION. ILLNESS/DEATH WAIVERS MUST BE SUBSTANTIATED BY A VALID MEDICAL/DEATH CERTIFICATE. NOTE- -SEE /CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNT/IN FARE RULE TO DETERMINE IF APPLICABLE. CHANGES ANY TIME CHARGE USD 300.00. WAIVED FOR SCHEDULE CHANGE/ILLNESS OR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER. NOTE - -FAMILY MEMBER MUST BE FIRST DEGREE RELATIVE- WAIVER ALSO APPLIES FOR TRAVELING COMPANION ILLNESS/DEATH WAIVERS MUST BE SUBSTANTIATED BY A VALID MEDICAL/DEATH CERTIFICATE. -------------------------------- NOTE- -TICKETS MUST BE REISSUED WHEN ANY VOLUNTARY CHANGE IS MADE. -SEE /CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNT/ IN FARE RULE TO DETERMINE IF APPLICABLE.

Last edited by SFGuy37; Aug 6, 2019 at 8:53 pm
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:31 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Can you post the full fare rules? Or the full fare basis?
the part you show is about exceptions to changes caused by deaths in he family, and not about voluntary cancellations or changes.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Likely to be viewed and priced as a change after departure with a $300 fee and they will want to reticket using current fares (over $2000 US one way) for the legs flown such that there will be no refund at all.
Still you probably did not pay as much for what amounted to a one-way trip as a one way ticket might have cost.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I agree; this is likely to be repriced as o/w fare, SFO-GRU. The USD 175 cancellation fee only applies when cancel the entire ticket; not after travel has commenced. The change fee of USD 300 is applicable.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
The OP won't see a dime. I'm sure if they could figure out a way to charge him for not showing up they would. Might make sense if the plan is to fly the return in the future to weigh the value of a change vs. walk away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.