Wiki Posts
Search

error code 999 when buying miles?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:08 pm
50e
Original Poster

error code 999 when buying miles?

I was trying to take advantage of the latest promotion and buy some miles, but kept getting an error with code 999 "page not found" in the last step of payment. Tried with different cards and different browsers, same result.

Any idea why this is happening or how to solve it?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 31, 2019, 2:47 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
There is a whole thread on that and other issues with using the Lifemiles website. Please search in there!

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avia...ms-beware.html
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:21 pm

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
Error code 999

I signed up for Life Miles about 24 hours ago and am having the same issue when I go to purchase miles it won’t go through and tells me code 999. I know there is a 1000+ posts thread on life Miles issues . Anyone reading this happen to know how to get around this ? A wait period for new members ? Thank you in advance.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
without knowing too much about your conditions, and about the LM website coding, I suggest you try several things.

1. Use FF or Chrome browser
2. Switch country to "Rest of the world"
3. Use a credit card you know is not blocked for foreign transactions (specifically, Colombia transactions - call your CC vendor to check, AMEX are recommended)
4. Log in fresh before trying to buy
5. Try buying again after a few hours (check your CC that you havent been charged already, before trying a new transaction. No rush to buy miles, right?)
Old Sep 14, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
without knowing too much about your conditions, and about the LM website coding, I suggest you try several things.

1. Use FF or Chrome browser
2. Switch country to "Rest of the world"
3. Use a credit card you know is not blocked for foreign transactions (specifically, Colombia transactions - call your CC vendor to check, AMEX are recommended)
4. Log in fresh before trying to buy
5. Try buying again after a few hours (check your CC that you havent been charged already, before trying a new transaction. No rush to buy miles, right?)
Thank you. I already gave up on Lifemiles but yes I am in no rush whatsoever. I’ll let you know.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 7:28 pm

Programs: A3*G, OZ*S
Originally Posted by D3KingAmerican
Thank you. I already gave up on Lifemiles but yes I am in no rush whatsoever. I’ll let you know.
Have you finally find out a solution? I have the same problem with you.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Same issue here with the current transfer bonus.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I called Lifemiles and they said they couldn't even do the transfer manually. They had to escalate it to the booking department and they would call me back...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.