Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEED URGENT HELP with Avianca ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2019, 7:38 am
Original Poster

NEED URGENT HELP with Avianca ticket

Have a flight coming up 7/4 next week - JFK-BOG-CUZ, and then later LPB-LIM, LIM-BOG-CUZ.
I want to change it to 7/3, same itinerary - 12:10AM-4.50AM JFK-BOG, 6.44AM-10.05AM BOG-CUZ. Tickets are in revenue J and no change fees.

I spoke to several people at the call center.
Their first response is there is no availability to JFK-BOG-CUZ. I point out there is plenty of availability online for both legs. They say it's available for purchase but not change.
I then ask them if I can change the JFK-BOG leg to earlier date. They say yes, for $150 or so pp (fare difference), which is fine by me.
I then ask if it is possible to change the first leg and then the second leg, if it becomes available. I can't get an answer to that.

Changing the first leg and spending a day in BOG sort of works for me. Would greatly prefer to travel on to CUZ that day though.

Would appreciate your suggestioins.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I hope somebody with more experience with AV will chime in and help you
My limited experience with AV, flying SFO-San Salvador and back has taught me that you need to call again and again in order to finally get the answer you want or at least a correct answer.
I have called sometimes 3 or more times about the same issue.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by keisari
My limited experience with AV, flying SFO-San Salvador and back has taught me that you need to call again and again in order to finally get the answer you want or at least a correct answer.
Indeed, our experience is that multiple calls over multiple days are required to get your situation resolved, and if they give you a time frame, it's likely going to take that amount of time or more.

Changes in our experience have been quite challenging, and time consuming.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by keisari
Very true even with a simple lifemiles ticket change i'll get 3 different answers from 3 different people..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.