Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AV 86 BOG-LAX B787 Seating?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:12 am
Original Poster

AV 86 BOG-LAX B787 Seating?

Good day FT'ers! Girlfriend and I have 2 tickets in Biz on Avianca Flight 86 BOG-LAX on B787. I assume from seat map we should pick the two seats in the center and not on an aisle? Any thoughts about the flight?

Also- do we have access to arrival lounge in LAX? Thank you!
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
deleted
Old Apr 11, 2019, 5:02 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
I've done this flight once and am scheduled to do it again roundtrip later this year. In terms of the onboard product, the seats are great and I love the 787 in general. Whether you want seated in the middle vs. two window seats is a matter of personal preference. The two seats in the middle are somewhat awkward for conversation, so when I'm traveling with a companion we actually opt for two window seats.

There is no arrival lounge in LAX.

I found the service and, in particular, the food on offer on this route significantly below expectations. I actually believe it might have been the worst meal I've had in longhaul business class on a flight. That said, the direct routing via BOG is compelling and the product is solid enough that I'd opt for it over Aeromexico, Copa, US carriers (mostly operating narrowbodies into BOG) and other options.

To South America the only carrier I like better is LATAM but that's largely due to my ties to OneWorld. Both Avianca and LATAM have their pros and cons, particularly on the ground.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Thank you great info! Fly LATAM to Peru,Chile and Argentina- their Biz product I thought was solid - ground support not so much. Thanks for taking the time to help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.