Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca Bulkhead 787

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Avianca Bulkhead 787

Flying Avianca 787-8 Bog to Lax with my 2.5 year old and wife. When i logged in I saw row 8 was available on the left side. I moved to that seat but it says it's a bulkhead seat - meaning more leg room? My wife is concerned though that the seats don't have arm rests that move up and down - rather they are fixed. Is this the case in row 8? Are the seats more narrow in that row? Why does it show as a better seat - concerned if we should end up moving from that row if the seats are too narrow and the arms rests are immovable. Can anybody confirm? Thank!!
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Gilbum
I moved to that seat but it says it's a bulkhead seat - meaning more leg room? My wife is concerned though that the seats don't have arm rests that move up and down - rather they are fixed. Is this the case in row 8? Are the seats more narrow in that row? Why does it show as a better seat - concerned if we should end up moving from that row if the seats are too narrow and the arms rests are immovable. Can anybody confirm? Thank!!
Yes, bulkheads typically have more leg room, and no seat reclining in front of you, which makes them more desirable to many. They also typically have tray tables in the armrest (since there is no seat in front of you), which makes them slightly narrower and means you cannot lower the armrest.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Unless it is the first row of coach behind Business Class in which case the bulkhead is nothing or a curtain and row 7 reclines on top of you. Though the 788 appears to have J pods where recline would not be an issue. I bet there is no wall at all.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Unless it is the first row of coach behind Business Class in which case the bulkhead is nothing or a curtain and row 7 reclines on top of you. Though the 788 appears to have J pods where recline would not be an issue. I bet there is no wall at all.
The AV 788 has lie-flats. There is absolutely a hard divider between Y and J cabins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.