Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Flight Schedule Change - 10 hours layover :(

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum

Flying to MAD in October. Avianca had good prices in business, so we are flying from MIA to MAD and return. Separate tickets from RDU-MIA. Schedule was pretty good with about 3 hrs in MIA on return, getting us into RDU around midnight.
Got an email from Aviana yesterday. Schedule change - so now, from a 3 hr layover in Bogota, we now have a 10 hr layover. Which means we get into MIA around 1:34am on Monday morning, and we are missing the flight to RDU.
The one and only option I see - change our non-refundable MIA-RDU tickets to spend the night in MIA, and then fly back the next morning. Which is doable. I am not thrilled about it, but that is doable.
What I am NOT happy about - the 10 hrs in Bogota.
Wanted to see if you guys have any thoughts on what I can do to change flights? Want to call Avianca and present options to them - to change us to a different flight, but am not seeing anything wholly feasible. We COULD fly to FLL - but are there any thoughts or ideas I am missing out?
Thanks,
D
Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:41 pm

Cancel, ask for a refund and rebook on a different carrier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.