Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General Good Commentary

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

General Good Commentary

I just have to provide commentary regarding Avianca; I only write it to compare to UA domestic. Two flights – PTY->BOG, BOG->UIO. Both in economy. I am *S.Exit row window or aisle for the asking at the airport. I watched the FAs cheerfully assist any passengers in need with overhead bag storage. Priority bag tags. Even through my boarding pass stated group ‘D’ boarding, I was allowed to board in the first group with *S. (There were only 6 of us, including those in J, on both flights.) Decent seatback entertainment for these short flights. Watched a FA deal with a late boarding passenger, with no local overhead space available; the passenger was clearly not happy, he was in row 10 or so. She offered him a seat towards the back near his bag. She did this with a smile on her face, even though the passenger was not smiling. Everyone being in uniform – the same uniform. UA has uniforms, and but it is a bit like where I work in public safety, where there are many approved uniform items, but the employee gets to choose items he/she wants to wear on any given day. Avianca’s FAs all appeared 100%. Oh, on my BOG-UIO flight, I was served one of the best grilled cheese sandwiches that I’ve had in a long time. Beer, wine, liquor also; although I do not partake on short flights.

My bag from PTY->BOG had zip ties added to tie the zipper ends together. Each zip tie had a serial number and the serial number was recorded in the computer before the baggage tag was printed.

Thanks for the two good flights Avianca!
br2k and imslippy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.