Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quito Lounge report

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2018, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Quito Lounge report

I found few posts online with decent information about Quito airport international lounge. This is the common airport lounge, apparently sponsored/managed by Diners Club, that you will be staying if flying Avianca from Quito. So, I'l leave this here in case anyone else is searching for information.

The lounge is pretty new (opened in Nov. 2017). IMO the overall design is great, with variety of seating including all sorts of (very comfortable) lounge chairs, tables, and a small sleeping area. There is a fairly wide choice of food, including a hot entry, salad bar, custom (manned) sandwich station, desserts and a large bar with a wide choice of alcoholic beverages. Curiously, they ask for and scan a boarding pass whenever you get a drink.

Toilets are clean and modern, and include a shower stall in the back (though personally I'd prefer a separate shower).

There is an open air area with tables, although it is built as an inside yard, without a view. The lounge itself has a view of the mountains and also what looks like a future extension of the runway.

In the back of the lounge there is a separate area for Diners Club holders - not sure what the access rules are. The attendant invited us to take a look, as it was empty. IMO the main lounge area is actually better, in particular because food choices in the back seemed not as varied (and everything was covered in plastic as no one was there)

A great lounge that I very much enjoyed, in fact one of the better ones I've been to so far.

Various seating areas:

Outdoor area:

Food:

Desserts:

Bar:

Diners club "Club Miles"

Separate food area:

Sleeping room:

Toilet and shower:

Maayan and Air Rarotonga like this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Note: apparently there is a limit of 2 alcoholic drinks per person (which is why they ask for a boarding pass). In my case, I was able to order 3 (first one was some sort of local cocktail that was pretty poor, and then two glasses of wine, though those two glasses were ordered together, so may be that's why it went through). In any case, if you plan to drink here - choose wisely.
Old May 29, 2019, 6:46 am

On May 29th the Quito lounge on international departure told me they do not have an agreement with Avianca for lounge access. Just a heads up for everyone.
Old May 31, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
Can lounge access be purchased? I have a 6 hour layover.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by flying chef
Can lounge access be purchased? I have a 6 hour layover.
According to the airport website (https://www.quitoairport.aero/en/vip-services.html) - yes, for $34.

Also available with Priority Pass.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Solid report, thanks for the feedback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.