Search

Lounge in MCO

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2018, 1:44 pm
TBD
Original Poster

Programs: All The Programs
Lounge in MCO

Does anyone know if it's possible to transit between airsides 1 and 3 in Orlando without re-entering security? I've got an international flight on Avianca from 1, but I understand they don't have a lounge at MCO. United's lounge is in 3. The airport map makes it look like the two are accessible through the same security lanes. Thanks!

Last edited by TBD; Mar 13, 2018 at 1:59 pm
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by TBD
Does anyone know if it's possible to transit between airsides 1 and 3 in Orlando without re-entering security? I've got an international flight on Avianca from 1, but I understand they don't have a lounge at MCO. United's lounge is in 3. The airport map makes it look like the two are accessible through the same security lanes. Thanks!
Hi,

I belive so as you willl simply cross from one train line to another ie heading back from 3 to the main terrminal you will get off the train and go around to the line for airside 1 ( but do not exit the secure area) but it has been a little while since i have been through MCO)

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:33 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by TBD
but I understand they don't have a lounge at MCO.
Are you understanding this based on Avianca's unhelpful list of VIP lounges that only includes their own?

If you are flying J then they must have a contract lounge. If you are banking on accessing the lounge based on status then that might be a stickier wicket. I have definitely used The Club in T1 when flying Copa but don't remember whether it was with Avianca status or my Diner's card.

Ooh I found contract lounges https://www.avianca.com/br/en/travel...er-vip-lounges It mentions contract lounges, including MVD where I have been denied access when flying in J but doesn't mention LIM which is a hub and you can use the Sumaq lounge. This page about hubs https://www.avianca.com/br/en/travel...ur-flight/hubs does mention Sumaq. Any airline with a *A partner lounge such as LHR doesn't get a mention anywhere.

Although their website sucks, and sometimes their check in staff suck and won't even given you an invite to a contract lounge when flying J, I am sure as I said that AV must have some sort of provision at MCO

I think the only way to know for sure would be to contact The Club at MCO and ask them if they are a contract lounge for AV. Probably they are the only people you would get a straight answer out of. If you now have your heart set on the UA lounge then we may never know

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.