Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

The "what should bookable on LifeMiles, but isn't" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "what should bookable on LifeMiles, but isn't" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2018, 4:40 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
LH F

Any tricks to getting all to show the F inventory for Lufthansa. See two days with a seat each on United for FRA-JFK and FRA-EWR. 0 both days on LM.

Is it at all possible to book these via a call center? Definitely do not have the patience for emails that may or not be tended to timely.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by MilesTalk
Any tricks to getting all to show the F inventory for Lufthansa. See two days with a seat each on United for FRA-JFK and FRA-EWR. 0 both days on LM.

Is it at all possible to book these via a call center? Definitely do not have the patience for emails that may or not be tended to timely.
No tricks that I'm aware of. You win some, and then you lose some with LM. That's the price you pay for a discounted price and no YQ.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: AC 35k
Originally Posted by pschafer
Every time I try to book AC (Air Canada) - LM shows flight(s) as available then errors out on the next screen. Sometimes a screen shot / e-mail to LM will work (i.e. they book manually) but last time I tried this LM never even responded to my e-mail. Even though I have a sizeable balance in my account I've pretty much given up on LM particularly after the recent increase in cancellation fees. I'll use what's left in my account when I can book something close in (assuming of course the LM web site allows it).
I have found LM will error out if you have a connection. If you book AC direct, it seems to work.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 11:06 am

dear
I live in japan . and many times i booked for SQ business class from FUK to DPS .
recently
i have not seen any SQ bsiness class from FUK to DPS all days availability .
but
there are SQ flight from FUK to SIN and from SIN to DPS almost any days .
yesterday , i sent a message to [email protected] .
they replied ""Let us inform you that lack of availability is not considered an error since the redemption agreements between each airline are different.
Be aware that you can book 365 days in advance, if you intend to book for February 2019, the seats can be sold out by now and it could be the reason you do not find availability. ""

i did not understand !
if lifemiles can not use SQ business , we can not buy miles .
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:11 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by RTWFF
No *A inventory ex-AKL to Asia in November; seats show up on the Mileage Plus site (even SQ Business on the non-A380 flight). No TG at all ex AKL and they're usually the easiest to find. Plenty of TG inventory in and out of Australia
There is a poster complaining about no TG inventory to Europe on the ROP site in J the last week in March, so it may be a TG issue
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:18 am

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Just did a random date search for TG F SYD>BKK>CDG for Nov 7, 2018 and 2 seats came up in F for both legs. TG472>TG930. 120k points each.
Same for 9th, 11th, 12th November. Didn't do any other dates.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by Guvner067
Just did a random date search for TG F SYD>BKK>CDG for Nov 7, 2018 and 2 seats came up in F for both legs. TG472>TG930. 120k points each.
Same for 9th, 11th, 12th November. Didn't do any other dates.
I suspect this is an inventory management issue - the closer the date gets, the more definite the airline can be about seat availability and therefore more redemption inventory may be released. On the other hand I'm noticing a huge amount of Air India redemption inventory being available and I'd be steering well clear of that, given the stories about the failure of the government to sell, and suppliers not getting paid. Presumably some money or credit changes hands when one FF programme "sells" redemption seats on another airline
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by momo03
dear
I live in japan . and many times i booked for SQ business class from FUK to DPS .
recently
i have not seen any SQ bsiness class from FUK to DPS all days availability .
but
there are SQ flight from FUK to SIN and from SIN to DPS almost any days .
yesterday , i sent a message to [email protected] .
they replied ""Let us inform you that lack of availability is not considered an error since the redemption agreements between each airline are different.
Be aware that you can book 365 days in advance, if you intend to book for February 2019, the seats can be sold out by now and it could be the reason you do not find availability. ""

i did not understand !
if lifemiles can not use SQ business , we can not buy miles .
It is likely a "married segment" thing. Confirm that you can see business class on each flight, and then follow the screenshot method outlined in the wiki at the top of this other thread (link).
Old Aug 4, 2018, 7:38 am

thank you for advice. Of course, I did it. 
but today , i do same ways again .
thanks !
Old Aug 9, 2018, 6:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
SAS flights (long-haul included) show on LifeMiles.com when trying to use miles, but they are blocked from being booked using LifeMiles even as they are bookable using miles from all the other Star Alloance programs I use.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 6:48 pm

Hello all.

Got a large stash of Lifemiles from the last sale and am looking to put them to good use at last.

Looking to fly SIN-BKK-SYD on Thai, however I've run into what looks like a married segment issue.
SIN-BKK in J and BKK-SYD in J/F are both available as single legs but SIN-BKK-SYD is not.
As I've never booked with Avianca before can someone just confirm that either calling the call center or using the email screenshot method should result in me being able to ticket this on one reservation?

Many thanks
Old Aug 18, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Screenshot method should work
Old Aug 18, 2018, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by wtcmor
Screenshot method should work
Thank you
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by atco
Looking to fly SIN-BKK-SYD on Thai, however I've run into what looks like a married segment issue.
There are numerous similar routes which are all bookable on other partners but not on LM. It doesn't make sense to be a married segment issue. More like an issue of LM search engine being rubbish.
atco likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Kremmen
There are numerous similar routes which are all bookable on other partners but not on LM. It doesn't make sense to be a married segment issue. More like an issue of LM search engine being rubbish.
Agree. Lifemiles is often terrible at displaying connections, and this has nothing to do with married segments. PVG-BKK-SYD for example routinely comes back with 'not available' when UA shows it, and LM will allow you to book PVG-BKK and BKK-SYD separately. Screenshots fixes this. But is painful. Connecting flights in Europe to FRA/LHR/MUC etc to connect with TG from those ports can also run into the same issues if trying to book TG F (the connector in J/Y doesn't show).
atco likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.