Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with award NYC to Moscow

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2015, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Help with award NYC to Moscow

Hi all, I'm trying to piece together an one way award from NYC to MOSCOW. I can see availability on United in economy for 3 options LH thru FRA, LOT thru WAW and Austrian thru Vienna. All with reasonable connection times of less than 4 hours. However lifemiles show zero availability. I've tried specifying airlines and departure times but still nothing comes up. Anyone have any ideas to how I can make it work? Thanks
Old Oct 9, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by babypuwet
Hi all, I'm trying to piece together an one way award from NYC to MOSCOW. I can see availability on United in economy for 3 options LH thru FRA, LOT thru WAW and Austrian thru Vienna. All with reasonable connection times of less than 4 hours. However lifemiles show zero availability. I've tried specifying airlines and departure times but still nothing comes up. Anyone have any ideas to how I can make it work? Thanks
If you can get availability in each sector, lifemiles CSR will book the whole itinerary on the phone for you. Keep screenshots and email to them if need be.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
If you can get availability in each sector, lifemiles CSR will book the whole itinerary on the phone for you. Keep screenshots and email to them if need be.
Wow, interesting,when i called they used to say they can only book what they see.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I can't speak to AV specifically but yes they'll say that, but what it really means is "I can see the itineraries that get sold". IE: If I call Aeroplan and ask them for a flight from Vancouver to Toronto they'll give me a few options, direct, connections in YYC, MAYBE YEG. But the reality is I can find availability individually YVR-YQR-YYZ or YVR-YLW-YYZ they'll give it to me, but it won't show up for them as a full route.

So yea if the OP can find availability in the SAME class then he/she should be fine. I say same class because I THINK (and you guys would know better) that AV doesn't allow multi class awards do they? I thought I'd read that somewhere that a multi class requires multiple awards, which is rather stupid, so I HOPE that's not the rule. Oh also you'd have to have legal connections INTL to INTL at some airports is as high as 2 hours (maybe more) so you need to have that in mind as well.

The ONLY other thing I can think of is maybe they don't allow 1 way route INTO Russia? I could see that if you're not a Russian citizen.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by drvannostren
I can't speak to AV specifically but yes they'll say that, but what it really means is "I can see the itineraries that get sold". IE: If I call Aeroplan and ask them for a flight from Vancouver to Toronto they'll give me a few options, direct, connections in YYC, MAYBE YEG. But the reality is I can find availability individually YVR-YQR-YYZ or YVR-YLW-YYZ they'll give it to me, but it won't show up for them as a full route.

So yea if the OP can find availability in the SAME class then he/she should be fine. I say same class because I THINK (and you guys would know better) that AV doesn't allow multi class awards do they? I thought I'd read that somewhere that a multi class requires multiple awards, which is rather stupid, so I HOPE that's not the rule. Oh also you'd have to have legal connections INTL to INTL at some airports is as high as 2 hours (maybe more) so you need to have that in mind as well.

The ONLY other thing I can think of is maybe they don't allow 1 way route INTO Russia? I could see that if you're not a Russian citizen.
Yes multi class is not allowed at all. They do allow one ways.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Yes multi class is not allowed at all. They do allow one ways.
Which is a joke imo, it's something that would keep me out of the program actually. Just booked a great itinerary at Christmas with Aeroplan, basically only J was available and I probably would've taken Y, but ok I'll take J there's 1 flight in the YVR-YYZ-ORD-PTY-BOG-SCL-LIM-MDE-BOG-YYZ-YVR that's Y cuz J wasn't available. I'd be really mad if that became an invalid booking just because of that, it seems like it'd be way harder to make a big booking.

Love AV, not so sure I'd love LM. But back to the OP, perhaps this is why you can't make the booking? Sorry if that sounds dumb maybe you've already looked at that, but I thought it might be something overlooked.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 7:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by drvannostren
Which is a joke imo, it's something that would keep me out of the program actually.
Agreed, though KL/AF does the same thing IME.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.