Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca Brazil booking

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Avianca Brazil booking

Anyone got experience booking online with Avianca Brazil?

I know it's not exactly related since they don't offer lifemiles yet among other things.

I couldn't seem to book on their site without a CPF, which I don't have, so I booked through Despegar and their Brazilian page Decolar. The booking email I got doesn't look like a receipt, no credit card number with XXXXXX in it or price. But I also got the email before that explaining that it's processing.

In any case, to re-assure myself I want to check the status of the itinerary. Problem is, I can't find that on the Avianca Brazil page, outside of the "reissue" area, which didn't work, it says my booking has been cancelled...it brings up a different error on the avianca Colombia page...on the decolar page using their reference code I get a standard Page Not Found error. So I'm at a loss here.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:24 am

hi,

problem solved or you still need help?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Lol yea eventually I did, I kinda forgot I posted it cuz no one responded.

The booking from Decolar went through fine, though my CC was charged by Avianca directly, which isn't my usual experience with OTAs.

Poor it on both websites and it only seemed to react worse when translated. Couldn't get anything working on the AV Brasil website either.

Finally the online chat from O6 worked and the agent was VERY helpful! Spoke decent English (I really didn't wanna phone because of a few different things, calling them probably was the best solution but not really an option) and emailed me my receipt and everything was good with the ticket.

Very excited to check out their product. I think it's the same as AV which I love but I'm curious as to the differences. Also, not sure if anyone else has looked but they don't come up as an option on ITA Matrix, so I couldn't even just go through a physical travel agent for this either. In the end, good price (relative to the other options, they were all within like $5-10 for the most part with lots of choices) and I think the service will be better if mainline AV is any indication.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 5:34 pm

Programs: HON
Decolar works!

I'm happy to report the decolar.com, the Latin American on-line travel agency, allowed me to book flights on Gol using a U.S. Visa card and no CPF number. What a relief!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 10:35 am
Original Poster

That was my experience as well, flew the flight without incident, no problems with the ticket either. I actually got put on an earlier flight when I arrived at the airport early as well, standard for AV in Colombia on short hops as well. I wouldn't depend on that though fyi.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.