Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10 hours in BOG?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:19 pm

Agree with the suggestions so far... go to city. The airport is boring and food and drink in lounge is really sparse. Am in Bogota now... one of my frequent visits and I can say plan about 1 hour from airport/city. It's usually between 20 minutes and 1 hour depending on traffic if travelling from Zona G/T.

Regards eating Bogota is fantastic and a good way to spend a few hours. There are some amazing places to eat and it's all reasonable compared to euro/us prices. If you want to go mad then I recommend Cielo, a restaurant which has "15 moments" or courses but is more artistic food. Some courses are not even food eg. dried ice. You can kill 2-3 hours at that place no problem. Cost ist about 150,000COP without drinks. Is the most expensive of options but highly recommended and great if it's a miserable wet day which it often is in Bogota.

For the evening another option is Bistro Rausch a more relaxed version of the famous Rausch brothers high end restaurant. Is more modestly priced too. Around the Andino mall there are many restaurants right beside each other and are decent enough too. Pizza luna is a nice italien there.

The Sofitel also has a jazz evening Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 6pm. Wine tasting and cheese and cold meats for 25000cop. could also be a nice round off before your flight.
Wines are ok. nice cheese and meat board.

Have fun!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.