Wiki Posts
Search

AV new Business Class !

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
AV new Business Class !

Here are pictures of the new C-Class of Avianca which is in all new widebody aircrafts they will recive. I am not sure if they will retrofit the old ones !?

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...ostcount=21149

and more pictures:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...ostcount=21181

This is the first aircraft with the new C. A330-200 (N508AV)

Last edited by northernstar84; Jun 24, 2014 at 3:06 am
Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:11 pm

Programs: AV,ST,OW Gold, Marriott Gold
Great news. Hope this extends to the older TACA fleet (now AV).The only acceptable business class is their A330 but they have only a few. Just flew again the A320-A319 MEX-SAL-LIM and back direct, and C seats just barely recline. Otherwise service in AV/TA is outstanding!
Old Aug 4, 2014, 1:49 pm
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
It's Really Good!

Originally Posted by northernstar84
Here are pictures of the new C-Class of Avianca which is in all new widebody aircrafts they will recive. I am not sure if they will retrofit the old ones !?

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...ostcount=21149

and more pictures:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...ostcount=21181

This is the first aircraft with the new C. A330-200 (N508AV)
They copied US Airways (and many others now) seats. I LOVE the reverse herringbone compared to the coffin style seats found on many carriers in Biz class
Old Aug 4, 2014, 1:56 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
This new plane did a Heathrow rotation last week. Is there any indication of how fast the others will get a retrofit?
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Did anyone else notice there appears to be a Premium Economy cabin right behind Clase Ejecutiva?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:18 am

Sure looks great! Is this only running on the BOG-LHR for the time being?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
Sure looks great! Is this only running on the BOG-LHR for the time being?
No. Since 5th August, also been to JFK, MIA, LIM, SCL, CTG

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N508AV
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
does anyone know which A330 has been updated with the new cabin product?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
I have to say that I wasn't overly impressed with it, other than the lie-flat bed. The IFE screen is far too close to the seat (not to mention a remarkably small selection of IFE choices), the arm rest attached to the console is quite uncomfortable and not ergonomically designed, and the tray table is very small and cannot slide forward or backward. This seems like the discount version of similar seats.

Of course, for overnight, or even just long, flights, it's an amazing improvement, but the experience was less than what the pictures led me to believe it would be.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by zpaul
I have to say that I wasn't overly impressed with it, other than the lie-flat bed. The IFE screen is far too close to the seat (not to mention a remarkably small selection of IFE choices), the arm rest attached to the console is quite uncomfortable and not ergonomically designed, and the tray table is very small and cannot slide forward or backward. This seems like the discount version of similar seats.

Of course, for overnight, or even just long, flights, it's an amazing improvement, but the experience was less than what the pictures led me to believe it would be.
Sounds much like the J cabin in the 788. Must have been the cheapest possible build-out.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.1MM
Great to know that the A330 is getting the same biz cabin as in the B787.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by zpaul

Originally Posted by Kacee
Sounds much like the J cabin in the 788. Must have been the cheapest possible build-out.
I wonder if it is the case that AV didn't have to go all out on their J product because it really doesn't face particularly stiff competition.

I just clicked that link again to see where N508AV has been flying.

BOG NYC you have a choice of AV or UA, I am sure it's better than UA F on a narrow body

BOG MIA, beats AA F on a 757 or angled F seats on a 767. LA 767 J is nice but showing its age, same goes for BOG SCL

BOG MEX. Aeromexico's business class on a 737 doesn't look to be anything special

BOG MAD. IB's new J is very nice, but that's the only route I can see the AV J seat has any serious competition.

Other routes to Europe, LH, AF, TP still have angled seats out of BOG. I don't know about KL
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
I wonder if it is the case that AV didn't have to go all out on their J product because it really doesn't face particularly stiff competition.
Makes sense.

Certainly superior to any UA option into BOG, including the int'l 752 from IAH with lie flats in 2-2 config.

An airline like CX, which uses same seats but with much nicer finishes, has to worry about competing with SQ.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:34 am

Does anyone know how many of a330s have been retrofitted with the new business product?

And how often BCN gets the new product? It's for a flight in December to maybe more will have been completed by then.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
BOG MIA, beats AA F on a 757 or angled F seats on a 767. LA 767 J is nice but showing its age, same goes for BOG SCL
I have to admit that I'm back to LA574 on the 767 for the SCL-BOG route rather than the AV 787. While I love the 787 as an aircraft, the seat and IFE was so poorly designed that I'll take a proven yet aged "middle-aisle" J seat on LAN and enjoy the in-flight experience much more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.