FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo-716/)
-   -   LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo/1580174-lm-f-j-routes-occasional-trick-rebooted-v2-0-a.html)

gpeso8 Jan 25, 2019 9:32 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco (Post 30697843)
SQ and LH have devalued. I feel like Lifemiles might also devalue, I really hope not!

Agree, I feel like a devaluation is looming.....

eponymous_coward Feb 1, 2019 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco (Post 30697843)
SQ and LH have devalued. I feel like Lifemiles might also devalue, I really hope not!

I cashed in a big chunk of my AV balance last night just to be sure (since I saw availability around a holiday where someplace warm would be nice, Thailand it is). Worst case I use what's left on some other redemption (Mexico, UA redemption, whatever) and then walk away from the program.

anabolism Feb 5, 2019 4:20 am

Originally Posted by gpeso8 (Post 30699584)
Agree, I feel like a devaluation is looming.....

I want to use mine for LH F on a 747, but this can't be booked much in advance and I won't want to fly until 2020.

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Feb 5, 2019 4:47 am

Originally Posted by anabolism (Post 30741095)
I want to use mine for LH F on a 747, but this can't be booked much in advance and I won't want to fly until 2020.

Keep looking just in case. Last year they had a brief window (likely an error) where they opened up LH F a year in advance. Was only a window of a week or two IIRC.

IAH2MEL Feb 18, 2019 5:20 pm

Deleted post - found my answer

eamond May 16, 2019 7:34 pm

I knew this was an issue, but did anyone know if LM is still having issues booking with CA? I was trying NRT-ICN-PEK-MEL a relatively straight forward booking with the two latter flights on CA, and they just claiming they can't do that per "internal policy".

A couple weeks ago I've done a SYD-SIN-BKK-PNH-NRT flight which is more complex than this one but the ticket was issued without issue - granted no CA flights in there.

Thanks!

Michael

LHR/MEL/Europe FF May 16, 2019 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by eamond (Post 31109553)
I knew this was an issue, but did anyone know if LM is still having issues booking with CA? I was trying NRT-ICN-PEK-MEL a relatively straight forward booking with the two latter flights on CA, and they just claiming they can't do that per "internal policy".

A couple weeks ago I've done a SYD-SIN-BKK-PNH-NRT flight which is more complex than this one but the ticket was issued without issue - granted no CA flights in there.

Thanks!

Michael

I have not had any recent issues with the issuing of CA tickets via LM. Have issued 5 tickets in the last couple months.

eamond May 16, 2019 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF (Post 31109591)
I have not had any recent issues with the issuing of CA tickets via LM. Have issued 5 tickets in the last couple months.

Thanks mate, did that include other airlines on the same ticket? Also when did you ticket them, if you don't mind me ask?

Cheers,
Michael

LHR/MEL/Europe FF May 16, 2019 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by eamond (Post 31109659)
Thanks mate, did that include other airlines on the same ticket? Also when did you ticket them, if you don't mind me ask?

Cheers,
Michael

Two of the CA tickets were issued just three weeks ago.

I suspect you are right about booking problems if there are more than one carrier... the same thing happened trying to book LH->AI, wouldn’t ticket (but the AI sectors by themselves were ok).

But if you can see all the sectors on line, in theory the call centre should be able to book them over the phone.

wtcmor May 20, 2019 4:40 am

Anyone had any luck with a North America to Asia booking via Europe ? I read somewhere that this was no longer allowed? I would be doing it via phone as I need to cancel a booking given Asiana have pulled the route. Thanks

freed0m Jun 3, 2019 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by wtcmor (Post 31119035)
Anyone had any luck with a North America to Asia booking via Europe ? I read somewhere that this was no longer allowed? I would be doing it via phone as I need to cancel a booking given Asiana have pulled the route. Thanks

still has. at least I still can find BOS-ZRH-PEK quite easily.

ChocolateFactory Jul 6, 2019 3:00 am

I heard something about a “Buddha Maya” trick that still works and which involves flying LH from BKK to FRA.
Any pointers what this could be about will be highly appreciated (PM, please). I promise I won’t share it!

mlqsko Jul 6, 2019 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory (Post 31274497)
I heard something about a “Buddha Maya” trick that still works and which involves flying LH from BKK to FRA.
Any pointers what this could be about will be highly appreciated (PM, please). I promise I won’t share it!

Why don't you ask where you heard this? :)

ChocolateFactory Jul 6, 2019 2:11 pm

As is typical, he wasn’t too talkative. ;-)

SLINKYTRAVEL Jul 10, 2019 8:57 pm

Seeing some pretty sweet Business Class Deals in spots... I.E. JFK to LIS on TAP brand new A339 for only 35k LM. I literally waited an hour too long to transfer Amex and book and someone else scooped it up I guess....Anyone seeing these type of deals?