Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LifeMiles Award on UA when having UA Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2014, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold

I'm considering booking a UA international Economy flight with LifeMiles. I also have UA Platinum status. Would I get free access to Economy Plus right after the ticket is issued (i.e. not only at check-in) even though I booked with LifeMiles? I'd be fine with calling UA to get the seat assignment if necessary.

Does anyone have any actual experience with getting UA status benefits on LifeMiles awards when flying UA?
Old Apr 12, 2014, 6:18 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
No, you won't have your UA MP benefits after ticketing the LF ticket... How should UA know that you were a UA Plat with your LM number???

You've to change your UA FFP No in the UA system... Don't know if it's possible online, if not call UA and let it change...
Old Apr 12, 2014, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
No, you won't have your UA MP benefits after ticketing the LF ticket... How should UA know that you were a UA Plat with your LM number???

You've to change your UA FFP No in the UA system... Don't know if it's possible online, if not call UA and let it change...
I thought that part was obvious.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 8:53 pm

I used twitter to do it within 24 hours of my departure while I was in Peru. I was flying United on an Avianca award ticket, I realize something was up when I couldn't pick a E+ seat during checkin despite being a silver.
UA Twitter did great on it, they really are a good resource

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.