Wiki Posts
Search

time to ticket award ticket

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2014, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1P, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Avis First
time to ticket award ticket

I booked an award ticket through the Lifemiles website involving UA, CA, OZ. It has been 24 hours and the ticket has not been been issued yet. How long does it normally take to issue the Star Alliance award ticket? Should I email or call customer service Lifemiles? Thank you for your help.

Last edited by dclocation; Feb 12, 2014 at 10:13 pm
Old Feb 13, 2014, 12:28 am

Have you checked the PNR on CMT? Sometimes ticketing takes minutes, but email confirmations (etix) day/s.

Give it another 24 before calling. Different airlines, different ticketing times.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 7:47 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
They're pretty efficient when it comes to email requests, and when mine didn't ticket after 48 hours I shot them an email which was replied within a few hours, with all the ticket numbers listed.

Calling is useless as they'll tell you "Your flight isn't till X'mas so there's plenty of time"
Old Feb 15, 2014, 3:09 am

Programs: QF WP, QR GOLD, TK GOLD, EY GOLD, AF/KLM GOLD
I had an issue where a one-way award ticket was not issued immediately. I called the america call centre and said to the guy that that I need the ticket issued because of visa issues etc and he put me on hold for 15 minutes and got it done. So it can definitely be done if you have a serious case
Old Feb 15, 2014, 3:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

They normally ticket almost instantly (to be checked online) or within 24hrs (you probably get an e-mail with the e-ticket). A lot longer is the exception, I would surely e-mail them.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Have you checked the PNR on CMT? Sometimes ticketing takes minutes, but email confirmations (etix) day/s.

Give it another 24 before calling. Different airlines, different ticketing times.
Actually, I have rarely gotten ticketing confirmation emails. They just email you the reservation confirmation but really no ticket confirmation with the ticket numbers.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 7:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I would guess it depends on the airline used or time it takes to ticket..... I don't get any e-ticket confirmations for LH/LX but I do for BR, TG and SQ.

I did have a few BR bookings where my ticketing was instant and I didn't get a confirmation as well. But my last booking didn't ticket instantly and I got the confirmation after 18hrs. Since I was flying about 36hrs after booking this was a bit of a surprise.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by jeelele
Actually, I have rarely gotten ticketing confirmation emails. They just email you the reservation confirmation but really no ticket confirmation with the ticket numbers.
Actually, it happened to me a few times as well!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.