Search

Lifemiles & ihg

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2014, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Exclamation Lifemiles and IHG Mileage Accumulation

Good News for all who are also IHG members but I am not sure the exchange is that valuable!!!

We always want to offer you more ways to earn LifeMiles!

Beginning January 1st, 2014 you can earn LifeMiles by staying at any of the 4,600 properties at Intercontinental® Hotels Group, one of the most important hotel chains in the world. You must register as an IHG® Rewards Club member and choose Avianca as your earning preference to begin accruing miles instead of points. Remember to include your IHG® Rewards Club number in your reservation or at check in to enjoy this exclusive benefit.

Also, if you already have IHG® Rewards Club points, you may transfer your points to LifeMiles by calling your nearest IHG® Rewards Club Service Center. For every 10,000 points you transfer you will receive LM 2,000.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Jan 30, 2014 at 5:41 am Reason: Title change
Old Jan 29, 2014, 8:35 pm

I tried to link my IHG account to Avianca today. I could not get the system to accept my LM number. I called IHG guest services and was told I needed a 9 digit number (LM is 11). I escalated to a supervisor, and was informed that it is not possible to link at this time, as IHG is only set to take a nine digit number.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 6:33 am

Programs: SEN
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Also, if you already have IHG® Rewards Club points, you may transfer your points to LifeMiles by calling your nearest IHG® Rewards Club Service Center. For every 10,000 points you transfer you will receive LM 2,000.
This opens another possibility to buy Lifemiles: buy IHG points at 0.7 cents per point and transfer to Lifemiles. Not a very good deal at 3.5 cents/mile though.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by superpointsLXflyer
This opens another possibility to buy Lifemiles: buy IHG points at 0.7 cents per point and transfer to Lifemiles. Not a very good deal at 3.5 cents/mile though.
I'd use a stronger estimation than "not very good"
Old Jan 31, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, *G, OW G, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat
not a good deal at all....
Old Jan 31, 2014, 6:03 pm
Suspended

So why post it?
Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:21 pm

He just made a point about a possibility, albeit a horrible one. He is not the OP.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 3:19 pm

you're better off directly buying lm from av at 3cpm.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 1:10 am

Programs: SEN
Personally I don't know how the LM game will develop in the next 24 or even 12 months. With one or more parameters changing the deal could transform from EXTREMELY BAD (which it is now) into something useful.

Originally Posted by yerffej201
you're better off directly buying lm from av at 3cpm.
I guess I better wait for the next promo…
Old Feb 3, 2014, 1:58 am

Personally I don't know how the LM game will develop in the next 24 or even 12 months. With one or more parameters changing the deal could transform from EXTREMELY BAD (which it is now) into something useful.

I guess I better wait for the next promo…
you don't have to wait for promo to buy at 3cpm - you can buy anytime.
i'm not sure 3cpm is worth it though... even i hesitate at 1.5cpm...
Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201
you don't have to wait for promo to buy at 3cpm - you can buy anytime.
i'm not sure 3cpm is worth it though... even i hesitate at 1.5cpm...
Don't buy then. And go blog about something else.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Don't buy then. And go blog about something else.
FT. Particularly LM thread such a friendly community. ^^^
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by dewby
FT. Particularly LM thread such a friendly community. ^^^
Yeah, especially towards wannabe kiddie bloggers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.