Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Avianca Brazil - Any idea how to buy a ticket ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2013, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet

On the day I want to travel Avianca BR has the best prices for flights but it seems very difficult to actually buy a ticket

It is possible to resgister on www.avianca.com.br with a foreign address - that seems to work okay ( though only on the Portuguese language version of the site)

However actually paying for the booking seems impossible .. They only seem to accept Credit cards from a very small number of countries (not including the UK or USA )

Anyone managed to buy an Avianca Brazil ticket ?
Old Dec 25, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Onepass, Lifemiles, SPG, Marriott. LANPASS s*cks.
I havr paid with my US credit card. Dont remember how. I do remember I called thencall center, not sure why.

Did you call?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 3:59 pm

Programs: IB, AF, A3
I find Avianca to be the worse and I repeat WORSE airline in the whole world to try to book a ticket with... I have spent the last 2 days trying to book a flight BOG-MEX with them but it just impossible.... the rates do not follow any logic and when I chose my desired departure flight the return flight is not available in any tariff rate... Even talking with their call center and online help I am still unable to book a ticket...
I am *A Gold and refuse to fly AirMexico, but I think I am left with no choice....
Has anyone experienced similar problems?
Old Dec 29, 2013, 6:47 am

I have bought an O6 ticket - but it was for a short CGH-SDU flight. Paid with a Malaysian credit card and was pretty straightforward.

Great little airline with decent seats and a snack along with AVOD - can't complain.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 3:18 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
My AMEX is the only card that works with GOL and Avianca Brazil. Visa, MC always fail and my bank blame airlines while airlines blame bank.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Maybe try using another website instead of the airlines site itself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.