Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Adding United MP # to Avianca Reservation Online

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2013, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus 1K, TK Miles & Smiles Elite, AAdvantage Member

Has anyone had any luck adding a United MileagePlus FF # to an Avianca Reservation?

When I enter my confirmation number and name, I am sent to a third party site called CheckMyTrip that has the itinerary info but no location to edit passenger data such as FF#.

Any help would be most appreciated!
Old Aug 29, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: A3 *G; AA EXP
Depends on which airlines you have on your itinerary...

try this http://www.lot.com/us/en/web/newlot/...ur-reservation
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:15 am

Programs: FB Silver, QR Silver, LeClub Accor Silver, PC Plat
I revive this old thread: would anyone know how to add a MP number to an Avianca booking? The FF information is nowhere to be found...
Thanks a lot for your help!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:00 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Your best bet if you didn't enter it when you booked it, is to add it AT the airport (if not at online check-in), you can give it to the agent, they'll add it for you and it should show up on your boarding pass.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 11:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold
i did this during the web check-in portion (24 hrs before flight). my reservation was an award ticket using United miles. I logged in to Avianca.com when it was time to check in, and there is an option where you add the Frequent flyer #s for whatever program you want to use. I wound up adding my Mileage Plus number, and it automatically recognized and added *G (star alliance gold) to my boarding pass.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:08 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Is there any way to do this online, I booked through OTA so couldnt add my Aegean number into Avianca booking on OTA.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 11:04 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Is there any way to do this online, I booked through OTA so couldnt add my Aegean number into Avianca booking on OTA.
Avianca.com

your booking

booking management

modify your data

e-ticket number / last name

modify passengers

The current United / EVA itinerary booked via Lifemiles includes both the AV # and the United Airlines #

The process is convoluted at best; but that is nothing new for airline bookings.

update...

Works with Edge. The process did change somewhat, but the loyalty program information can be changed. There is a box to check..
RTWFF likes this.

Last edited by view-with-a-room; Nov 1, 2022 at 10:55 pm
Old Apr 24, 2023, 10:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
I had to add my united mp# to a lifemiles award booking. The process has changed somewhat but still starts on avianca.com Manage Your Booking. Enter confirmation code and last name and click Continue.

In the top "Booking information" section click on the "edit" link with the pencil icon next to it.

Select the checkbox next to "Are you a LifeMiles or any other partner allied airline’s member?" and you can enter mp# or about 10 other partners.

You can also update date of birth here, if just for example, you absentmindedly used the wrong kid's birth year.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Thank you! This was driving me nuts because my spouse is UA Gold and E+ seats are free for him, but I couldn't get his MP# attached until I tried this.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Thank you also... I spent an hour on hold with United only for them to figure out they couldn't do it. Did it in a few seconds with the AV website.

And to add a tidbit that I have never been able to find online -- if you have free checked bags via a credit card but not from status (e.g. Explorer Card, Club Card, etc., but no *G status), and you book a Lifemiles Award Ticket, you DO get the free bags if you switch the reservation to use your UA number via the AV website. I know there's some other poor soul who's been desperately searching for that for his entire life, so there you go, future human.
joachimm likes this.

Last edited by dordal; Dec 30, 2023 at 5:22 pm
Old Jan 31, 2024, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by dordal
Thank you also... I spent an hour on hold with United only for them to figure out they couldn't do it. Did it in a few seconds with the AV website.

And to add a tidbit that I have never been able to find online -- if you have free checked bags via a credit card but not from status (e.g. Explorer Card, Club Card, etc., but no *G status), and you book a Lifemiles Award Ticket, you DO get the free bags if you switch the reservation to use your UA number via the AV website. I know there's some other poor soul who's been desperately searching for that for his entire life, so there you go, future human.
To clarify, you were able to add you UA # to a LM award ticket via the AV website. I ask because the routes for the couple of LM awards that I'm considering are economy only and it would be great to have my UA *G benefits apply, especially lounge access.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
I am a "JR" and my United MP account lists me as such.

I am certain that when i created my account, years ago, there was a LAST NAME and a SUFFIX field.

Fast forward to December, I booked via AMEX travel and had them enter my name with the JR.

Somehow, oddly, my LAST NAME on United is now "SMITH JR", not SMITH and so the names didnt match

I had to call MP to correct it, and had to submit boarding passes
Old Feb 19, 2024, 4:31 am

I have BR/NH award reservation and get the following when I try to update the FFP# via avianca.com:

Your booking doesn't allow changes through avianca.com. Please contact our call center.

It won't stick via BR site and no option to do it on NH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.