Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2014, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
US <> CA services need to be operated by a US or CA carrier.
Originally Posted by scibuff
Well this is just plain wrong (unless you mean California).
Originally Posted by scibuff
Well, that's the thing, routes between countries A and B can be served by anyone
Great. Who's right and who's wrong? I think scibuff is right, but oliver has been around the block a few more times...
Old May 23, 2014, 11:06 am

Cathay is allowed to operate JFK-YVR, and it is neither a US nor Canadian carrier.
Old May 23, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bbbjorkman
Cathay is allowed to operate JFK-YVR, and it is neither a US nor Canadian carrier.
Fifth Freedom flight - the flight actually goes HKG-JFK-YVR-HKG, or HKG-YVR-JFK-HKG.
Old May 23, 2014, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Maayan
Great. Who's right and who's wrong? I think scibuff is right, but oliver has been around the block a few more times...
scibuff
Old May 23, 2014, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!

Likely it is nonstop routes between the two countries. This is where fifth and, perhaps more importantly here, sixth freedoms come in. Fifth would be something like QF DXB-LHR, to name something unrelated not remotely at risk of exposing anything. Something where one airline operates a route between two points, neither of which is in the airline's home country. As long as the two governments/regulators in the country involved agree to allow the flight, there are no issues. Suffice to say, if the flight is operating, it has been allowed. There may end up being calls to deny the flight after it has begun, such as the litigation surrounding EK's JFK-MXP, but the flight is currently allowed by the US and Italian regulatory bodies.

Sixth freedom basically underpins the entire international hub and spoke model. This allows one airline to sell tickets AAA-BBB via CCC, where CCC is in the airline's home country. BA selling a ticket BOS-CPT with a connection in LHR (to use a pretty obvious example to me right now anyway) is an example of this.

I know scibuff is right, but was hoping to clarify what I believe oliver2002 was attempting to say.
Old May 23, 2014, 11:55 am

redacted

Last edited by yerffej201; May 23, 2014 at 1:53 pm
Old May 23, 2014, 11:56 am

Been able to book C1 to C1 successfully using the Chainsaw. Can anyone please PM me a way to get back to the Big Apple from C2 in J. Using reverse Chainsaw is very out of the way for me.
Old May 23, 2014, 12:54 pm

I can't seem to find any availability at all arriving into Irish Pub. Is it dead? I checked Sept/Oct and almost every airport in C2.
KVS shows availability from BRU and back to Irish Pub the same day but when I search on Lifemiles I don't get any results.

DEAD ROUTING?
Old May 23, 2014, 12:56 pm

did boomerangs on duckies just die?
Old May 23, 2014, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
did boomerangs on duckies just die?
The old one ex-YVR is still there.

Do you know of any cheap ones ex-YVR with duckies?

Last edited by echino; May 23, 2014 at 2:06 pm
Old May 23, 2014, 1:10 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Emerald; IHG S, SPG P, HH D, HGP D, Accor P, Carlson G
Originally Posted by yerffej201
i would like to say something but i will refrain from doing so.
C'mon J, your insight would always be welcome
Old May 23, 2014, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by echino
The old one ex-YVR is still there.

Do you know of any ex-YVR with duckies?
never mind, i found something

Last edited by yerffej201; May 23, 2014 at 1:52 pm
Old May 23, 2014, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by LH630
I can't seem to find any availability at all arriving into Irish Pub. Is it dead? I checked Sept/Oct and almost every airport in C2.
KVS shows availability from BRU and back to Irish Pub the same day but when I search on Lifemiles I don't get any results.

DEAD ROUTING?
I checked last week, the availability was spotty -- only Y if you drink beer last, Y and J if beer first.
So this could be an availability problem, or as common with LM "it comes and goes", hopefully will be back again soon
Old May 23, 2014, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by FrugalLuxury
I checked last week, the availability was spotty -- only Y if you drink beer last, Y and J if beer first.
So this could be an availability problem, or as common with LM "it comes and goes", hopefully will be back again soon
Been sitting for a couple of hours now. When you drink beer last seem to be super-dead even though KVS shows that it should work.
Drink beer first seem out to but I haven't looked all airports just yet.

I just have to say that both KVS and Lifemiles with their capcha makes me want to kill myself. Talk about annoying!
Going to make a few more lifemiles accounts tomorrow cause I can't stand it.

Do you remember which airports who worked when drinking first when you checked last week? PM if you feel like helping.

Last edited by LH630; May 23, 2014 at 1:38 pm
Old May 23, 2014, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by LH630
Been sitting for a couple of hours now. When you drink beer last seem to be super-dead even though KVS shows that it should work.
Drink beer first seem out to but I haven't looked all airports just yet.

I just have to say that both KVS and Lifemiles with their capcha makes me want to kill myself. Talk about annoying!
Going to make a few more lifemiles accounts tomorrow cause I can't stand it.
It just seems to me there is low availability in general in the direction we are talking about. If you don't mind a positioning flight, how about running the woodcutter in reverse gear?

Anyways, take it easy and happy flying

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.