Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

250 bonus miles for e-store purchases in October 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

250 bonus miles for e-store purchases in October 2012

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2013, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eddieflyer
My email submitted today.

"Sir or Madam,

I participated in a LifeMiles shopping promotion (in October 2012) and the miles I earned have not properly posted.

Because the miles were supposed to post sometime in December, and because a few did post (erroneously), I suspect there has been an error with the computer algorithm processing these transactions, and that it requires human intervention.

Please help and rectify this situation. I can submit my receipts, and screenshots if necessary. Here are more specifics if it is helpful:

During the month of October, the Lifemiles.com mileage promotion offered a bonus of 250 miles per order at select retailers. This was in addition to 3x miles earned per dollar on the cost of the purchases (at retailer, Drugstore.com). Because I felt this was a great promotion, I chose to purchase a number of Christmas gifts, and took screen shots of the offer. I also noted that the Lifemiles store recorded each transaction order separately, and reported the mileage award as "pending." By mid-December, a few items reflected "paid" and were actually awarded the 3x mileage but most failed. Fewer still of the 250 bonuses posted (there should be one per order), and none of them were paid at all. At the moment, my balance is reporting "37 miles", which is definitely not in the spirit of this offer. Instead, the balance should be between 19,000 and 21,000 miles.

Thank you kindly for looking into this problem. I look forward to flying with AviancaTaca."
Had you never submitted any request to them?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 4:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
Had you never submitted any request to them?
I had not. Didn't make sense to put forth effort until positive results turned up. What do you think - will they be afraid on an onslaught of such requests? No response yet (just one day so far).
Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:22 am

I received the following email when requesting miles be posted.

"Thank you for choosing LifeMiles as one of your loyalty programs. We will be more than glad to help earning does miles. Since the process was not done automatically, we are going to need the receipts, vouchers, or bank statement showing does transactions."

I am not sure what or how to send proof of purchase? Screen shots of Petsmart account with transactions? Did people send snail mail? Did you save the paper receipts when your drugstore stuff was shipped? (I did not do this...oops)

I don't want to send credit card statements, not sure how to black-out personal info.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by eddieflyer
My email submitted today.

"Sir or Madam,

I participated in a LifeMiles shopping promotion (in October 2012) and the miles I earned have not properly posted.

Because the miles were supposed to post sometime in December, and because a few did post (erroneously), I suspect there has been an error with the computer algorithm processing these transactions, and that it requires human intervention.

Please help and rectify this situation. I can submit my receipts, and screenshots if necessary. Here are more specifics if it is helpful:

During the month of October, the Lifemiles.com mileage promotion offered a bonus of 250 miles per order at select retailers. This was in addition to 3x miles earned per dollar on the cost of the purchases (at retailer, Drugstore.com). Because I felt this was a great promotion, I chose to purchase a number of Christmas gifts, and took screen shots of the offer. I also noted that the Lifemiles store recorded each transaction order separately, and reported the mileage award as "pending." By mid-December, a few items reflected "paid" and were actually awarded the 3x mileage but most failed. Fewer still of the 250 bonuses posted (there should be one per order), and none of them were paid at all. At the moment, my balance is reporting "37 miles", which is definitely not in the spirit of this offer. Instead, the balance should be between 19,000 and 21,000 miles.

Thank you kindly for looking into this problem. I look forward to flying with AviancaTaca."
So you spent about $6000-$7000 in gifts?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 12:54 pm

@flyboy: I bought 80 one-dollar gifts individually with no shipping costs. Each should be awarded 250 bonus points + 3pts/dollar.

The next response after posting my credit card statements and all supporting screenshots was to redirect me to "Complete a Missing Transaction inquiry form", which sounds logical, but is inconsistent with the earlier request and from past reports, sounds like a dead-end.

I submitted it, took a screen shot, and continued with [email protected]. It's been a week shy of 5 months, and they may not honor at 6 months. Time to lay in.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 7:45 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Im still arguing with these people. Every week i get a email back saying someone is from that department is looking into it.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
Im still arguing with these people. Every week i get a email back saying someone is from that department is looking into it.
Same here. Any advice on how to deal with this from the folks who have had their miles post? Thanks!
Old Mar 11, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
I got an email reply today. Evidently the office in charge of evaluating my case needs more time because my "case involves a lot of information to corroborate." Hopefully that means they're corroborating ALL of my purchases. If so, I'm cool with that.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 8:16 am

12 days ago received this response:
Mr. EddieFlyer.
Greetings.

I inform you that we have escalated the case with the appropriate area. As soon as we receive a comfirmation from them, we will contact you back.

I appreciate your time and comprehension.

Best regards,
and I responded two days go (still unanswered):
Thank you for escalating this problem. It's been 10 days, where does this stand?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 9:39 am

I also send a reply to them today. I explained its been 5 months and they are. Requesting more time. I requested my claim to be expedited as I need those points by Christmas to make a reservation and at this rate doesn't look like anyone has any clue with this promo.

I also suggested my investigation officer to splash some cold water on his face to help .
Old Mar 27, 2013, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
My recent response:

Our support area managing the accruals for the promotion has decided that the miles for all the LifeMiles member that participated in the promotion back in october will be posted in the following 30 days. By this statement, the due date for the accrual will be by the end of the next month.

I appreciate your comprehension in this standarized process for all LifeMiles members.

Such crap. Did anyone ever figure out what is the appropriate regulatory agency for this?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 5:53 pm
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by TTnC4me
My recent response:

Our support area managing the accruals for the promotion has decided that the miles for all the LifeMiles member that participated in the promotion back in october will be posted in the following 30 days. By this statement, the due date for the accrual will be by the end of the next month.

I appreciate your comprehension in this standarized process for all LifeMiles members.

Such crap. Did anyone ever figure out what is the appropriate regulatory agency for this?
I think they may be serious about posting them. I haven't heard anything since I sent in my documentation some 4 weeks ago
Old Mar 28, 2013, 5:32 am

I still haven't heard anything back what a joke.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 11:13 am
Used to be highman123

Ok got the same placeholder email today - I just hope they are serious about it!

Do they really send all their emails through 'Google Translate' - who comes up with such English

It is nice to greet you,

Regarding the accrual of your miles bonus for the your purchases in our web site, according our internal assistance department, these ones will be posted in your account in 30 days, having a maximum limit until the last days of April.

If by this time you have not gotten them, we ask you to please contact us again to check the reason of the inconvenience.

Finally, I just want to remind you this process is equal for all our customers who participated of the promotion regardless their status in our program.

Our apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.

We appreciate your comprehension.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 2:13 pm

Still no response yet. Posted this:

<QUOTE>
Sir or Madam:

It has now been over three weeks since this was "escalated" and I haven't heard any news whatsoever.

That hardly sounds like an "escalation" to me, quite to the contrary. Given that this is a long-standing problem, I expect others have also had this issue resolved already, and I expect a quicker response time in solving my case.

Please resolve this matter promptly.

Thank you,
</QUOTE>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.