Search

Avianca Brasil MCO

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, ITA Exec, NK Gold, F9 Diamond
Avianca Brasil MCO

Hi all,

I re-fared a ticket on Avianca Brasil via their website, resulting in a refund. The refund was in the form of a "Miscellaneous Charger Order" (MCO) which I printed out. My question is now, what the heck do I do with this thing? Is it only good to buy another ticket within a year? And how does one even do that? Or can I go a ticket counter when I'm in Brazil and get cash? Or mail it somewhere to get a check (presumably drawn on a Brazilian bank)? Or get someone somewhere in the world to put this money back on my credit card?

Amongst my very limited Portuguese, the sorta-English language version of the website & Google Translate, I can't find any information relating to these MCO's. Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks!
Old Dec 29, 2011, 12:56 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Yes - MCO rules as the same as for normal airline ticket: it is valid for one year and can be used towards payment of a new ticket. Check 'Endorsement box' of your MCO: unless it says NONREF or NONREFUNDABLE etc. you should be able to cash it via airline ticket counter. If it is non-ref, then you can only use it towards new ticket purchase (works like 'Travel Bank' concept with jetBlue: https://emergo8.sabre.com/tbank279/l...EDCCE7910FE289 - but MPD is not electronic).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.