Wiki Posts
Search

ICN-CDG query

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2008, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
ICN-CDG query

OZ just started this route last week. It operates 3 times a week with a two-class 777. I was wondering if anyone knew more about this flight - especially which generation seats in business...

I am very excited about this route as we must travel on a Star Alliance carrier and this new nonstop will replace my standard Lufthansa flight via MUC or FRA.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA, QR, OW loyal.
There is an excellent OZ Trip Report here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ighlight=korea

I used OZ on LHR-ICN-SYD out this January back in February in J, they were excellent on all counts, time keeping, service, food.

Only one minor negative, although all the aircraft we travelled on had AVOD installed the movie choice wasn't great and did not change January to February. SO by the time for the final ICN-LHR leg we had watched all the movies, some twice.

We paid £2k for the return - superb value.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by phreegreens
There is an excellent OZ Trip Report here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ighlight=korea

I used OZ on LHR-ICN-SYD out this January back in February in J, they were excellent on all counts, time keeping, service, food.

Only one minor negative, although all the aircraft we travelled on had AVOD installed the movie choice wasn't great and did not change January to February. SO by the time for the final ICN-LHR leg we had watched all the movies, some twice.

We paid £2k for the return - superb value.

Thanks.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 10:56 am
Original Poster

New or Old 777

I flew this route late last year and the 777 was a very old version. Any news on whether they have upgraded the equipment on this route ???
Old Sep 26, 2010, 1:42 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Blue; HHonors Gold; Priority Club Gold
Originally Posted by Braniff
I flew this route late last year and the 777 was a very old version. Any news on whether they have upgraded the equipment on this route ???
No they haven't.

All 777s were converted to lay flat at an angle bed seats by the middle of 2009, and apart from the new fully flat seats on a couple of a/c (not on this route) that's where things are.
Don't really understand "very old version", I'm afraid, as the equipment is pretty much in the middle of what most airlines provide -like LH for example.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ethelman
No they haven't.

All 777s were converted to lay flat at an angle bed seats by the middle of 2009, and apart from the new fully flat seats on a couple of a/c (not on this route) that's where things are.
Don't really understand "very old version", I'm afraid, as the equipment is pretty much in the middle of what most airlines provide -like LH for example.
Thanks. Well, I was certainly unimpressed by the plane. Could be the contrast effect as I was coming right off Singapore Airlines A380 business class...
Old Jun 26, 2011, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Any updates on the seats they use in business class on the ICN-CDG route ? I would be going next month.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 4:04 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by Braniff
Any updates on the seats they use in business class on the ICN-CDG route ? I would be going next month.
Quadra Smartium seats are not guaranteed but planes with QS seats have been spotted flying to/from CDG. I would plan on the current OZ angled lie-flat.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:46 am
Original Poster

I called Asiana to get my seat assignment. They said seats were only being assigned at the airport due to possible equipment change. I guess that's a good sign ???
Old Aug 7, 2011, 9:51 am
Original Poster

A quick update :

I had the old seats but the cabin was not full at all and I had a window seat with the aisle seat next to me empty.

The service was very good on the flight, as I expected of course.

I asked the purser when CDG would be getting new seats and he made it clear to me that it would not be anytime soon. He said Paris was a prestige route for the airline, not a commercial one.

Based on the very low seat occupancy I've experienced on this route several times, I can only conclude this must be the case.

Good to know the high regard Koreans have for Paris ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.