Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum Connecting Time

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2023, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Minimum Connecting Time

I have a couple of Asiana flights coming up. The connection time in ICN is 45 mins. I know this is the MCT, & ICN is considered a good airport built to handle this.

The question is:
in the 'real world' what are the chances of passengers AND luggage making the connection?

Any experiences please?
Old Sep 7, 2023, 3:16 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
OP,

I'm assuming you're doing I-I and only on Asiana on the same reservation:
Your checked baggage will almost certainly make it. Depending on where your flights arrive and where you end up sitting also play into things. Walking the length of the Main Terminal 1 is likely 20 minutes or more depending on how fast you walk, the Mid Field Concourse is about the same depending on the transit. If you're near the back it will likely take at least 15-30 minutes to get off.
That's not something I'd book even if it's semi likely doable but very tight if you're up front on the first flight.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Unfortunately this is the result of Asiana winter rescheduling.

We're in Business class & I was reasonably confident Asiana would hold the connection for us, all things being equal. I was less confident about the luggage, but you've helped alleviate some of the anxiety, thank you 👍.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.