Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana-ANA T

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Asiana-ANA Through Check in

Hello!

I am currently booked on a flight from NRT-LAX in First using points, but am currently in Seoul, so I was looking at booking a paid ticket in economy on OZ (Asiana) from ICN-NRT. Obviously the flights would be same day w a few hours layover but on 2 separate tickets. I was just wondering if any of you had experience checking bags & if it would be possible to check bags all the way through from ICN-LAX? I know Japan is still closed to tourists right now so picking up my bag from baggage claim is probably not possible.

I read about ANA’s through check in process and it seems to work fine when transferring from an ANA flight to a partner airline but was wondering if it works when flying from partner airline to ANA? It seems like Asiana’s website is pretty limited on this topic so was looking to see if I’m missing something. Or would it be possible to combine the two itineraries into one since OZ and NH codeshare on the ICN-NRT flight? Any other ideas are also welcome, just trying to figure out how to get my bag back home with me!

Will also try posting this in the ANA Mileage Club thread to see if they have any answers! Thanks!

Last edited by jacksonfujimori; Aug 2, 2022 at 11:42 pm Reason: not complete
Old Aug 3, 2022, 3:59 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Yes, Asiana will check bags all the way through on their partners. Very simple, nothing to make multiple posts over haha.

They even check bags through on Delta lol did for me once when I flew ICN-NRT-ATL (one ticket, sold by travel agent).
Old Aug 3, 2022, 2:27 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat] Welcome to FT and the OZ forum, jacksonfujimori! Posting the same question in multiple forums is against FT rules. I have alerted the NH moderator so that people can follow the discussion here. [/mod hat]
Old Aug 4, 2022, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Yes, Asiana will check bags all the way through on their partners.
Even if you bought the tickets separately? I would think you have to buy all tickets at the same time.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:31 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by superbobbay
Even if you bought the tickets separately? I would think you have to buy all tickets at the same time.
clearly, you don't know what you're talking about.

OZ interlining to NH on separate PNRs is no issue whatsoever.

To the OP, please don't get confused by incorrect opinions masquerading as facts.

Last edited by sol95; Aug 5, 2022 at 1:14 am
Old Aug 6, 2022, 5:34 pm

Programs: none
im on the exact same situation here, it doesn't state clearly in their websites, nor in the staralliance website.. so will my bag get checked only once in ICN so i can just pass through NRT as transit, not through customs?
2 different tickets
Old Aug 7, 2022, 2:57 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Francisco Javier Aguila Aguayo
im on the exact same situation here, it doesn't state clearly in their websites, nor in the staralliance website.. so will my bag get checked only once in ICN so i can just pass through NRT as transit, not through customs?
2 different tickets
Welcome to FT.

But I have a genuine question...I don't mean to be nasty and am simply confused as to why you'd ask the question...

if you're in "the exact same situation", as you say, why would the answer to you be any different to the answers made previously??

OZ interlining to NH on separate PNRs is no problem at all
Old Aug 7, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: none
Originally Posted by sol95
Welcome to FT.

But I have a genuine question...I don't mean to be nasty and am simply confused as to why you'd ask the question...

if you're in "the exact same situation", as you say, why would the answer to you be any different to the answers made previously??

OZ interlining to NH on separate PNRs is no problem at all
sorry, im really glad to rread that... you see... im really stubborn when it cones to flying and i need to double-check everything, im thankful!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.