Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

*G baggage allowance on OZ-marketed codeshare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2021, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat

Hi all, I am looking to fly ICN-RUH with a transit in AUH. Flights are Etihad with OZ code, then Saudia with its own code. First and longest flight is the ICN-AUH flight, OZ marketed. I'm not sure whose stock the ticket would be issued on.

OZ's website says for codeshares on EY, the marketing carrier's rules apply. Does that mean I can get 2x32kg (OZ's standard allowance) + 1x32kg (for A3*G) allowance for the whole route?

Thanks.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 11:26 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by typical
Hi all, I am looking to fly ICN-RUH with a transit in AUH. Flights are Etihad with OZ code, then Saudia with its own code. First and longest flight is the ICN-AUH flight, OZ marketed. I'm not sure whose stock the ticket would be issued on.

OZ's website says for codeshares on EY, the marketing carrier's rules apply. Does that mean I can get 2x32kg (OZ's standard allowance) + 1x32kg (for A3*G) allowance for the whole route?

Thanks.
Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that the expanded allowance for elites in this case applies only for those with status with Asiana. What marketing carrier's rules apply means in this case is that OZ's standard (for non-elites) baggage rules apply for the entire journey rather than that of EY (and even getting an agent to honor that might be a challenge), because *A alliance wide benefits like extra free bag for *G apply only when checking in with an *A carrier, of which EY is not.
typical likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks. I assume it would be Asiana's excess baggage fees applicable for the whole journey ICN-RUH? No idea how this works.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 8:18 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Thanks. I assume it would be Asiana's excess baggage fees applicable for the whole journey ICN-RUH? No idea how this works.
If the flight is operated by EY then it should be EY's baggage fees.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
If the flight is operated by EY then it should be EY's baggage fees.
Really? OZ allowance and EY baggage fees? Well given there's a $700-odd difference between OZ and EY for an extra 30kg bag, that's a real spanner in the works.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 9:00 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Really? OZ allowance and EY baggage fees? Well given there's a $700-odd difference between OZ and EY for an extra 30kg bag, that's a real spanner in the works.
I could be wrong in this particular situation, but generally that's how it works. Especially since you're only flying EY and would be checking in with EY in ICN. I haven't flown on EY with an OZ ticket specifically however.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.