Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

transferring Asiana miles/status miles to another *A carrier?

Old Dec 17, 2020, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

I switched to Asiana Club from Mileage Plus when the latter became a revenue based frequent flyer program. Now I am half way to *A Gold, yet Asiana will switch to Sky Team. Is there a way to transfer my hard earned (during the pandemic) miles/ status miles to another *A carrier or are they gone and forgotten (I never fly Sky Team) ?

Cheers!
Old Dec 17, 2020, 5:35 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
They are gone and forgotten unfortunately. But you should have some time before the switch occurs so you may be able to use the miles.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 7:57 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
only a very few FFP allow for transfer of points, and OZ is not one of them. But two comments -

Firstly, even if the OZ program amalgamates to the KE Skyteam, it'll still be a few years yet, so you've got time to use whatever miles you've accumulated.
Secondly, if you're only halfway to *G on OZ, then you're only at about 20k miles, which in the big scheme of things, isn't a lot, nor gets you much.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 6:31 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|HH Gold|DL Silver|ALL Silver|
I don't think this has been updated recently, however there are hardly any airlines which allow you to convert out of their program, with the limited ones that do suffering from significant transfer losses into the program you want.

Mileage Converter - WebFlyer :: The Frequent Flyer Authority

If Asiana does leave Star, you may find other airlines offering to match status, but you would need to maintain status until then.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.