Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Business Suite Experience - as of Sept 1 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2019, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP 1K

Now that F has officially ceased to exist for OZ, I was hoping someone has flown the newly minted Business Suite. If so, please share initial thoughts and overall experience.

If not, I will share my thoughts after I take the flight from ICN to JFK in a few weeks time.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:55 pm
gpy

I'll be on this flight on a few days - will report back!
IAH2MEL likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 11:25 am

Isn't it essentially F seat + J food & service?
I'm not sure if there's anything else that's different from the past other than that.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by agjil
Isn't it essentially F seat + J food & service?
I'm not sure if there's anything else that's different from the past other than that.
Wondering if they will provide pajamas for Business
Old Sep 6, 2019, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by KKslider
Wondering if they will provide pajamas for Business
They won't.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 9:59 am
gpy

We just had a wonderful flight in business suite. I didn't get a chance to fly when it was branded First, but I thought everything was almost at first level. We were given priority check in and boarding and they even called First Class.

First class pyjamas, amenity kits and bedding were provided. We used average on ear Bose headsets, which were fine, but not spectacular. Not sure if they are the same as business?

Food and beverage was off the business class menu and the service was likely a bit better than business class. The suite was awesome and very well maintained and FAs helped an elderly guest with making up her bed but everyone else just did their own.

The temporary wingtips lounge at JFK T4 was a pretty awful experience. Super crowded and brusque service. I can't believe I'm actually missing the Swiss lounge.

My husband remarked that beverage list aside, he preferred it over KE and NH F and I would have to agree! We're flying CX F in a few months so I'm hoping that will top this excellent Asiana First/Business Suite experience.
IAH2MEL, Gasolin and SightseeMC like this.

Last edited by gpy; Sep 8, 2019 at 8:34 pm
Old Sep 8, 2019, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP 1K
They won't.
well this appears incorrect.
gpy and KKslider like this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:17 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
How do you book a ticket into the "Business Suite"? i.e., What fare bucket/booking class is it?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by IAH2MEL
well this appears incorrect.
They are going to give out pajamas until the current supply lasts and then no more.
I actually inquired OZ about this a month ago and this is what I was told.
IAH2MEL and SightseeMC like this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by 1984SW
How do you book a ticket into the "Business Suite"? i.e., What fare bucket/booking class is it?
Using miles: no way to book.
Using cash: only full-fare business class fare bucket allows business suite bookings.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:18 am
formerly 1984SW

Using miles: no way to book.
Using cash: only full-fare business class fare bucket allows business suite bookings.
Of J, C, D, Z, U, would it only be J class bookings that qualify?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:03 am

Of J, C, D, Z, U, would it only be J class bookings that qualify?
Yeah when I asked them about this when they first announced this change, I was told only the J fare bucket would qualify for business suites.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 12:11 am

Here is my experience:
Award ticket booked in Oct 18 from OSL to ICN via FRA.
At check-in in OSL, the LH (SK) agent gave us our boarding cards all the way to ICN. Only after passing security I noticed that our seat assignment had dropped from Business Suite to standard Business. SK lounge dragon was of no help, so I called OZ office at FRA. Here the friendly OZ official assigned our seats back and told us to pick up our new hoardings cards at the gate in FRA.

On board I noticed the following differences between Business Suites and previous F experience:
- we were offered pyjamas and amenity kits from F. But I understood this is only as long as stocks last. For what it’s worth both were of very high quality.
- the catering is from Business, so do not expect Caviar nor a very large / premium wine menu. Food was good. Drinks were ok.
- I had to make my own bed. The gear seemed to be the F bedding. It was comfortable.
- service was less attentive than in F. Bathroom were not refreshed after every use, and I noticed plenty of small attentions missing.

All in all, very good trip because of the seat, but obviously a downgrade from F.

If paying cash in a few months, I would probably buy standard business. OZ entertainment system is lacking so no point paying more for just the bed, in my opinion.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 8:42 am
formerly 1984SW

Originally Posted by JamesBond_ppk
Here is my experience:
Award ticket booked in Oct 18 from OSL to ICN via FRA.
At check-in in OSL, the LH (SK) agent gave us our boarding cards all the way to ICN. Only after passing security I noticed that our seat assignment had dropped from Business Suite to standard Business. SK lounge dragon was of no help, so I called OZ office at FRA. Here the friendly OZ official assigned our seats back and told us to pick up our new hoardings cards at the gate in FRA.
I thought only tickets booked in J class of service qualified for the Business Suite? How did you qualify for it on an award ticket?
Old Sep 27, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
I thought only tickets booked in J class of service qualified for the Business Suite? How did you qualify for it on an award ticket?
Maybe he booked F before the downgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.