Search

Catering ex-ICN in C has Improved

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2019, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by sol95
I hear you!

But to be fair, ex-ICN, the Korean meal on OZ is usually ssambap, not bibimbap
Lol true, I forgot about the ssambap.
That is actually a big difference between KE and OZ, and I like OZ more than KE just because of the ssambap.
However they still serve way too much bibimbap in the air...time for a change-!
Old May 11, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: Miles and More, Flying Blue, AA Advantage
Originally Posted by agjil
I am also sick and tired of the bibimbap.
Why on earth do the two Korean Airlines (OZ and KE) never change their Korean entrees?
It's always bibimbap bibimbap bibimbap...in all 3 classes (Y/J/F)...OMG enough!
I find there is a general problem with variety and novelty of the food offered by KE. Did not fly OZ in a while but would not be surprised to find out the same.
Old May 13, 2019, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Tottoru
I find there is a general problem with variety and novelty of the food offered by KE. Did not fly OZ in a while but would not be surprised to find out the same.
Totally agree.
Both OZ and KE have the same boring food all the time.
Old May 13, 2019, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Asia Live. Intercontinental COEX. 50,000W dolsot bibimbap. 42,000W kimchi jjigae. I've been there several times for a business meeting. It's WILD haha. WILD. (And totally normal presentation...tasted good though!)
Almost 20 years ago I had the most expensive triple espresso I've ever had. IC Grand Parnas, IIRC it was U$D $39 ($13/shot). I was too dumb to ask what it cost before I ordered.
Old May 13, 2019, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
Almost 20 years ago I had the most expensive triple espresso I've ever had. IC Grand Parnas, IIRC it was U$D $39 ($13/shot). I was too dumb to ask what it cost before I ordered.
Your post reminded me of my most expensive coffee experience, which was in Korea too. It was further back in 1993 before espresso-based coffees were a thing in Korea, and what was served was either instant coffee or brewed coffee. At Lotte Hotel, I ordered a black coffee, and was charged W23,000. It came with a little caddy with 2 glass containers - one for sugar and one for "prima", the powdered creamer mix. Considering the price for a dolsot bibimbap at the time was around W2,000, this was an incredibly expensive coffee. In today's terms the coffee was about USD$100!!!!!
Old May 13, 2019, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by sol95
Your post reminded me of my most expensive coffee experience, which was in Korea too. It was further back in 1993 before espresso-based coffees were a thing in Korea, and what was served was either instant coffee or brewed coffee. At Lotte Hotel, I ordered a black coffee, and was charged W23,000. It came with a little caddy with 2 glass containers - one for sugar and one for "prima", the powdered creamer mix. Considering the price for a dolsot bibimbap at the time was around W2,000, this was an incredibly expensive coffee. In today's terms the coffee was about USD$100!!!!!
I realize, taking the thread a bit sideways here, but I was in Seoul a bit before that, and I can recall jonesing for whole bean coffee so bad. I happened to take the cable car up at Sorak Mountain NP (설악산국립공원) and was happily surprised to find some guy was selling freshly ground whole bean at the summit. Can't recall the price, but I had three cups, I think. After seemingly endless intake of instant, it was very much appreciated.
thumbsup7 likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 12:45 am

I suppose it might get boring if you fly OZ frequently, but I recently flew OZ as a once-off (four sectors) in Y, and thought the food was the best Y food I have ever experienced. Ex-ICN on long haul it is the ssambap as noted above, into ICN long haul it is the bibimbap. Both were excellent: fresh, tasty and different from the usual slop in Y for other carriers. But the outstanding meal was the second meal (dinner) on our flight into ICN (from SYD) - spicy octopus with rice. Amazingly tender and delicious. Not at all chewy like you would expect octopus when served at the end of a long flight. Very generous with the drinks as well!

(There was an alternate choice of meal each service, but I always selected the Korean option.)
Old May 18, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Blue; HHonors Gold; Priority Club Gold
I was pleased to see OZ is back to a multiple choice C menu ex ICN yesterday. And we managed no scrambled egg supper.
thumbsup7 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: OZ Diamond / Star Alliance Gold
I have been taking business class a lot these few months on the ICN - HKG leg. I can say service and food have improved. They have managed to fill the C cabin on the A380 with the standby upgrade currently being offered at a discounted price. With the removal of first class I think they are now more focused on maintaining and improving the standard in business class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.