Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Experience with redeeming 10k cert from BoFA Asiana Credit Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2018, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Hello!
I have 2 quick questions on the certificates that come with the Asiana BoFA credit card:
  1. 10k bonus miles certificate: What are peoples' experiences with this? Easy to use? I have 40k miles with Asiana and am hoping to use this to allow me to book 2 25k tickets. The certificate states "Coupon valid in the US only" but on the back of the paper, it says I can use it for international award tickets which is confusing.
  2. Lounge invitation: This thing states "Coupon valid in the US only," but I can't seem to find ANY asiana lounges except for the sole one in Incheon. Is this correct?
Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 12, 2018, 7:02 pm

For redeeming the mileage cert, I'm pretty sure you need to do that over the phone (or in person). We redeemed one last year, but it's been more than six months and I didn't actually handle the redemption personally. I would go online (log in) to Asiana's Web site, verify the seats you want are available for mileage redemption, and call them ASAP to book them. I can't recall if Asiana allows you to reserve/hold seats for mileage redemption if you don't have all the necessary miles in your account already.

Regarding the lounge invitation, you have to follow the instructions on the back of the coupon. It has to be submitted at check-in and they will give you a voucher/lounge access pass. Asiana is part of the Star Alliance, so you're using the Star Alliance lounge in whatever airport.
goodtasting likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
For redeeming the mileage cert, I'm pretty sure you need to do that over the phone (or in person). We redeemed one last year, but it's been more than six months and I didn't actually handle the redemption personally. I would go online (log in) to Asiana's Web site, verify the seats you want are available for mileage redemption, and call them ASAP to book them. I can't recall if Asiana allows you to reserve/hold seats for mileage redemption if you don't have all the necessary miles in your account already.

Regarding the lounge invitation, you have to follow the instructions on the back of the coupon. It has to be submitted at check-in and they will give you a voucher/lounge access pass. Asiana is part of the Star Alliance, so you're using the Star Alliance lounge in whatever airport.
thanks for the reply! will give it a try.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Can anybody report on the process for redeeming the 10K certificate?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:38 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
My understanding is the 10k voucher can only be redeemed for flights on Asiana, not *A redemptions.

My understanding is the lounge voucher can only be redeemed for the Asiana lounge at ICN when your flights start/end at a US airport. You hand over the voucher at check-in to get your ICN lounge pass.
Old May 19, 2019, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by j3brooklyn
Can anybody report on the process for redeeming the 10K certificate?
Mrs. Zippy redeemed another last year. She called in to the Asiana ticketing office local to us-- closed now, but I am sure there is an equivalent-- at the time she was ready to book the flights. Somewhat obviously, we had done the legwork prior to the call and knew what we wanted: the dates, and what their system reported in terms of award seating (what Asiana refers to as "mileage tickets"). For what it's worth, Mrs. Zippy is fluent in Korean, which doesn't hurt when speaking with OZ reps. The instructions are printed on the coupon, and are clear.
Old May 29, 2019, 11:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum, OZ Diamond, AC Prestige25K
Originally Posted by zeer0
My understanding is the lounge voucher can only be redeemed for the Asiana lounge at ICN when your flights start/end at a US airport. You hand over the voucher at check-in to get your ICN lounge pass.
Any report on whether this is true? The Asiana website does list some United/ANA lounges in the US as part of their lounge network.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:40 pm

The reverse of the coupon for lounge access plainly states "Lounge invitation must be presented with the Asiana Airlines credit card at Asiana check-in counter for an Asiana flight to receive a complimentary pass for Asiana Airlines lounges operated in the U.S."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.