Search

TSA Pre✓ comes to Asiana

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:24 am
formerly 1984SW
Original Poster

Programs: UA
TSA Pre✓ comes to Asiana

Apparently Asiana has joined the program: https://www.tsa.gov/news/releases/20...-more-airlines
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
That is excellent news! My biggest objection to flying Asiana is not having TSA Precheck. I am flying in April and look forward to NOT packing my liquids separately, NOT taking my shoes off, and NOT taking out my laptop. Of course that means more time in the crappy Lufthansa lounge at JFK, but I will take the tradeoff!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by MW147
That is excellent news! My biggest objection to flying Asiana is not having TSA Precheck. I am flying in April and look forward to NOT packing my liquids separately, NOT taking my shoes off, and NOT taking out my laptop. Of course that means more time in the crappy Lufthansa lounge at JFK, but I will take the tradeoff!
think you mean the Swiss lounge, but I get your point
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by sol95

think you mean the Swiss lounge, but I get your point
Oh yeah, the crappy Swiss lounge!
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:13 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
So how do we use it? I don't see any place in Asiana's profile to provide the known traveler number.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:52 am
formerly 1984SW
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gasolin
So how do we use it? I don't see any place in Asiana's profile to provide the known traveler number.
Great point.

Thinking maybe the KTN could be entered on a PNR by PNR basis, I tried to access an upcoming OZ reservation. A few months ago there was a schedule change that I couldn't accept/acknowledge on the web site so I called the local OZ office to confirm the changes. Now today, it still throws up a schedule change page blocking actual access to the reservation (to add/change seat assignments, for example). Clicking the red "Confirm changed schedule" button throws up an "[ERROR]: A system error has occurred" message. I even tried using Internet Explorer, considering OZ's demonstrated level of web site engineering expertise. 😁

Asiana -- the gift that keeps giving...
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What did they say when you called?

Either they have to enter it manually over the phone or at the counter. It is almost always this way for the first 4-6 months.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:37 pm
formerly 1984SW
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
What did they say when you called?

Either they have to enter it manually over the phone or at the counter. It is almost always this way for the first 4-6 months.
They reviewed the new times with me and tidied up the PNR. Before the call, the new times were flagged as such for each flight, but now there is no indication on the individual flights, just a web page saying times have changed and then I can't get past that page.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:35 pm

I have reservations for April, made through United, who has my TSA Pre number on file. I called Asiana to add my number to the reservation only to discover they already had it from United. So if you make a reservation on a partner site that has your number, chances are Asiana has it.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:49 pm

Programs: Asiana Diamond, Marriott Plat/Gold
This is great news, I fly Asiana a bunch trans-pacific and was getting really tired of standing in ridiculous security lines at LAX or SFO because I would forget that this was the one airline left I flew that didn't have precheck
Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:35 pm

I sent my wife (and will fly myself later) to ICN from JFK and somehow, when the counter agent checked the IDs, the ticket was issued with pre-check. I suppose they somehow "know"?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:40 pm

I sent my wife (and will fly myself later) to ICN from JFK and somehow, when the counter agent checked the IDs, the ticket was issued with pre-check. I suppose they somehow "know"?
Assuming you entered your passport information in advance, wouldn't that show up when they scrub the passenger information against whatever databases are used for Secure Flight?

When KE first added Pre-Check, they were replacing the passport number in their Web site field with the KTN for a time. Maybe Asiana was doing a similar thing? Haven't looked.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
Assuming you entered your passport information in advance, wouldn't that show up when they scrub the passenger information against whatever databases are used for Secure Flight?

When KE first added Pre-Check, they were replacing the passport number in their Web site field with the KTN for a time. Maybe Asiana was doing a similar thing? Haven't looked.
Possible. I hope they see the pre-check too then for my ticket when they check the ID against the database!
Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:59 pm

Did you make the reservation directly with Asiana or through a partner?

I am flying from JFK next week. I made the reservation from my United account. My TSA number is already in my United account. I called Asiana to add it and they already had it from my United account.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by MW147
Did you make the reservation directly with Asiana or through a partner?

I am flying from JFK next week. I made the reservation from my United account. My TSA number is already in my United account. I called Asiana to add it and they already had it from my United account.
Excellent point, this time I took miles from ANA but asked ANA to add OZ number to get some benefits.
And ANA had everything, IDs and known traveler number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.