Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

ticketing an infant on asiana/thai with ua reward ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ticketing an infant on asiana/thai with ua reward ticket

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Question ticketing an infant on asiana/thai with ua reward ticket

hey everyone! consensus on ticketing an infant ticket seems to be using the hang up call back method, but was hoping someone might have some other insights. my wife and i are ticketed with UA award ticket going business the whole way, lax to icn on asiana (a350) and then icn to bkk on thai (a350 as well). i called united and they quoted me just shy of a thousand for the infant ticket. any advice on lowering? would going to my local asiana office be of use, or perhaps trying to by a RT for infant be of use? perhaps trying to price ticket with thai airways, or even ticketing our baby once with asiana and once with thai?
thanks in advance!!!
Old Aug 4, 2018, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

hey everyone... just a quick update. i ended up calling thai airways. they could give me an infant ticket from icn to bkk for just under a $100. i then called asiana which ticketed my infant son for under $400. definitely a great reminder to check in more than once on infant ticketing, i saved over $600 by calling around.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: Asiana
So how does this work exactly? We are looking to buy a first class ticket for our infant, and it's like 2000 with Lufthansa. So do I find a code share for the same flight with a different airline and see how much they charge?
Old Aug 4, 2018, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

not sure but that seems like a prudent idea. the thing many have observed about booking infant ticket is that it is not just airline dependent but booking agent dependent. so to that point, i would also suggest hanging up and calling again. let us know what happens. 2k for an infant ticket is tough to stomach.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: Asiana
Originally Posted by joaozinho
not sure but that seems like a prudent idea. the thing many have observed about booking infant ticket is that it is not just airline dependent but booking agent dependent. so to that point, i would also suggest hanging up and calling again. let us know what happens. 2k for an infant ticket is tough to stomach.
ill call again. How do they change the price though. Isnt it just a 10% policy?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Seems to be no rhyme nor reason. Any luck?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Soren12

ill call again. How do they change the price though. Isnt it just a 10% policy?
It is 10%. Most OZ fares have a plating restriction, so UA can only sell an infant ticket for 10% of a much higher fare than OZ can itself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.