Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current STPC hotel choice

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2018, 11:40 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by judgeg_g
Hi, the Asiana desk had me all set for a local hotel but I told them I wanted the city. They said I would have to wait for an hour for the shuttle bus and I said that was fine.

So they told me to go and have a seat and about an hour later a small shuttle bus showed up and took me to Seoul Royal Hotel in the city. I was verrry happy!

Was able to go out that night and have a good time. When we checked out the next morning, they gave us vouchers for the normal airport bus for the area - 6015 - and directed us to the airport bus stop. Not a problem - got back to the airport in good time to catch my next flight.

Thanks again for letting me know that Seoul Royal as still an option.

Good to hear you got the Royal Hotel at Seoul. It's so much of a better hotel, not to mention a better location. Myeong-Dong is a bit too touristy for my tastes, but at least you have options to look around there, unlike the Incheon Best Western.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:20 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by sol95
it's the blurb that comes up in the fine print when you're making a booking on the OZ website.
But, you are booking through the OZ Australian web site, no? I can't imagine folks from around the world would be advised to "contact Asiana Airlines Sydney Office on 02-9260-4300," but stranger things have happened.

I'm looking to book a trip from BKK to the USA, with the return being on OZ from SFO in Business Class. The only schedule OZ offers has a 12+ hour layover in ICN and I'm trying to find out if they offer STPC hotels on non-Australia itineraries.

I tried calling their BKK phone number, but it disconnects before anybody answers.

Does anybody here know where/how to find whether the SFO-ICN-BKK routing qualifies for a complimentary STPC hotel room?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by 1984SW
But, you are booking through the OZ Australian web site, no? I can't imagine folks from around the world would be advised to "contact Asiana Airlines Sydney Office on 02-9260-4300," but stranger things have happened.

I'm looking to book a trip from BKK to the USA, with the return being on OZ from SFO in Business Class. The only schedule OZ offers has a 12+ hour layover in ICN and I'm trying to find out if they offer STPC hotels on non-Australia itineraries.

I tried calling their BKK phone number, but it disconnects before anybody answers.

Does anybody here know where/how to find whether the SFO-ICN-BKK routing qualifies for a complimentary STPC hotel room?
You may be better off just calling the US number and asking there.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 2:05 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by sol95
You may be better off just calling the US number and asking there.
I was about to call the US, but I thought I'd try one more time, and today the BKK office answered the phone! (I tried 6 or 7 times yesterday throughout the business day...)

So, I told her that I was planning a round-trip on OZ to/from the USA in Business Class and asked if OZ would provide a hotel for the 12-hour layover on the return SFO-ICN-BKK. She said that for a round-trip Business Class ticket that OZ provides a hotel for any stopover over 8 hours.

I asked if I need to book in advance. She said yes, at least 3 days in advance.

I asked if it were the hotel inside the airport (airside) or if I needed to go through CIQ and proceed to a hotel outside the airport. She said it was the latter; that to contact an OZ rep at a special counter after clearing CIQ.

I asked if I could call the same BKK number to book the hotel, she said yes, as long as I had a PNR record locator and it were 3 days in advance.

Maybe this will help others wondering about the STPC situation with OZ. Sorry, but I didn't want to play 20 questions and ask about various Economy fare classes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.