Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana Upgrade Waitlist

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
Asiana Upgrade Waitlist

Does asiana allow for upgrade waitlisting?

as of right now, looking at OZ712 on Jan 8 TPE-ICN.
Quite a few paid business seats available, but no award space (B747). On OZ714, 2 seats left for business class, and 1 award space(B763).
Old Dec 22, 2017, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
Update: They can waitlist for upgrades.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:37 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
If I book an award ticket on united.com (using MileagePlus miles) for OZ JFK-ICN-BKK, but only JFK-ICN is available in I (ICN-BKK books in X, which is Economy) is there any way to waitlist for I on the ICN-BKK segment? If so, would I do that with UA or OZ?
Old Feb 18, 2018, 12:53 am

I've been on a flight where passengers names were being called at the gate. When the boarding agents weren't busy I queried her about what was happening, because it looked like they were being upgraded (op-ups), and I was hoping perhaps I would be upgraded also. But she informed me that they were passengers on an upgrade waitlist for using their miles. So evidently waitlist upgrades can happen as late as just before boarding begins.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 4:14 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Thanks, that's encouraging. But, I wonder if an OZ award itinerary booked via united.com using MP miles would be waitlist-able.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 1:47 pm
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Easiest is to call UA to see if 1. Waitlist for I is open for that particular flight and 2. If yes, they can place you on the waitlist.

If you’re lucky then the list will be open and then it’s up to OZ revenue management if they release another seat.

If it gets to checkin then chances are next to zero. With the flight under airport control, they would only see your X booking class, which would void your chances of an upgrade.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by 1984SW
Thanks, that's encouraging. But, I wonder if an OZ award itinerary booked via united.com using MP miles would be waitlist-able.
I don't know the details of what I saw, but presume the passengers were upgrading at check-in with OZ miles. I doubt seriously that they could handle anything at check-in with UA or any other type of miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.