Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Does Asiana actually have wifi on any planes/flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

I've seen mixed reports online, it seems like the answer is NO, but then other sites seem to say that they have them on some planes. If they do, which planes/routes have wifi access?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:56 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
They have them on the A350s, which fly SFO/LHR routes and sometimes make an appearance on PVG. I have yet to fly since the A350 was introduced to SFO so I don't know much about the reliability or cost but if anyone has please put some data points, thanks.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
I remember it was available on the early 350 from MNL, but I didn't indulge since I was more interested in sleeping at that point so I can't vouch for actual internet access.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 6:23 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
interested to hear if people actually enjoy internet access on a plane...I guess some people need it for work, but personally, I prefer not having it and just being able to relax.

I used it years ago (2006 on a TPAC flight) with Connexion installed when they decided to pull the plug and made it free for anyone who used it to the end of the year. It was a novel experience...messaging and a brief Skype with my wife from a plane 10km in the air over the Pacific Ocean was interesting, but the novelty soon wore off.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Originally Posted by sol95
interested to hear if people actually enjoy internet access on a plane...I guess some people need it for work, but personally, I prefer not having it and just being able to relax.

I used it years ago (2006 on a TPAC flight) with Connexion installed when they decided to pull the plug and made it free for anyone who used it to the end of the year. It was a novel experience...messaging and a brief Skype with my wife from a plane 10km in the air over the Pacific Ocean was interesting, but the novelty soon wore off.
I've never used it. I had the opportunity to do so on several US domestic flights and at least one transatlantic flight, but it never was worth the money to me. Even if it was free, I'm not sure I'd be happy about it. As you say, the flight is one of the few times these days where we can completely disconnect. No, I can't check my work emails, no, I don't have various people messenging me, I can't be reached by phone. It's just me and a good book, perhaps a movie or two or some time to think and look out the window into the open sky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.